Table Arm Mount for Electric Brewing Controller?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knee Deep

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been searching for an arm mount for the electric controller for my brewing setup. I'd like something that clamps to the stainless steel table, and just raises the controller up so it's more easily accessible. Something similar to a computer monitor mount, but a bit more heavy duty since the controller weighs quite a bit.
1628194283086.png

Anyone have something that might work?

Thanks!

I doubt anything that has the capacity to hold a heavy controller, will also be able to clamp to something. The clamp would have to be fairly wide and robust to be able to safely support the weight combined with the ability to have lateral motion.

The panel I bought from Electric Brewing Supply is [listed as] 42 pounds and uses a VESA 200 mount pattern. IF you can find an arm that can handle both of those, go for it. I'd want it to be rated at least 25% to 50% over that weight though.

I ended up making my own mount arm system for the panel to connect to my brew stand. I used 1-1/2" x 3/16" wall square tubing, some 1-1/4" OD DOM tube (3/4" ID), 3/4" rod and then some 1/4"x3/4" (cold finished) bar stock to make it. I used some of the DOM tube for a pivot point where it mounts into the stand (using a 3/4" bolt). The stand side of the mounting assembly is made from more 3/16" thick cold finished flat bar. I MIG welded everything that doesn't move so it's solid. The main part of the mount pivots from the end of the stand, with a section higher up that can rotate freely. I machined the part that can rotate so that the bar stock was flush with the face of the square tubing. Made for a stronger mate/weld. I used my mill to make the holes for the VESA 200 pattern as well. That way I had precise hole placement (since I have DROs). I have the option of removing the panel from the main assembly as needed simply by lifting that part off the rest. I can remove the rest of the mount by removing the 3/4" (grade 8) bolt.

Yes, I probably over engineered this entire thing by 1000%. BUT, it's not going to fail on me. With what I spent on the panel, I wanted to make sure of that.
PXL_20210614_172535849.jpgPXL_20210614_172634063.jpgPXL_20210614_172724956.jpg

Back