Swap-O-Rama #5, The fall harvest...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beerdamuuffman, being a new shipper what is the best recommended shipping and packing method you can recommend.

Beerdamuuffman, being a new shipper what is the best recommended shipping and packing method you can recommend.

There are some really good threads in the forums. For me I wrap everything in bubble wrap and place each bottle in the box surrounded by something yo keep out friction. Most broken bottles happen due to bottles clanking, not from outside forces. Each bottle should go into a baggie and the box should be lined with bubble wrap as well as a large trash bag. I use FedEx and if they ask me what I'm shipping...live yeast samples. Don't say beer. Also don't use USPS.

For the inside of the box I use larger bubble bubble wrap and for around each bottle the smaller bubbles. You also want to be sure the box can handle the weight. Plaster fragile stickers and this side up on each side

At a minimum, put everything in a large plastic garbage bag. I use 55 gallon thick bags. in the event a bottle breaks it will still be enclosed. And thus you can avoid losing the entire box because of a leak.

Bubble wrap each bottle too. Make sure they cant shift in the box with packing material.

Most importantly have fun with. I think I'm more anxious for somebody to open my package more than opening my own. Kind of exciting.

Hey, who lives in a state that has a brewery that has a beer that just took gold at the GABF for imperial IPA? This guy!

So, i usually can't get Founders Harvest Ale, but I got a case this year! What is the availability like out west or down south?? I'd hate to send it if my recipient has easy access to it.

Looking forward to some shopping this weekend! My wife just convinced me to take a drive to New Glarus tomorrow, what terrible timing ;-)

I'm Stoked to send out some Local Long Island Brew! Some of which placed at the GABF. :)

I think I have my shopping done. Mostly Chi-town goodness, but with a few other treats in there. Might go out tomorrow morning and see if I can't find a couple more little gems. I'm already over my limit....oops.

I think I have my shopping done. Mostly Chi-town goodness, but with a few other treats in there. Might go out tomorrow morning and see if I can't find a couple more little gems. I'm already over my limit....oops.

Yup im over my limit too, but all local stuff within 3 hours. Except one. The Belgian category was the hardest to fill

A note to whomever has me....If you have access to Weyerbacher riserva, this can be real easy for you. I'd totally accept ONLY Riserva and nothing else if thats ok with you. Not necessarily 160 oz, but 4 bottles would please me immensely

Is the person you are shipping to also shipping back to you or someone else?

Usually someone else, but if the draw pairs you up so be it, happened to me before, but you won't know it until after!

Wow...just out of curiosity, i looked up how far away my recipient is. It would take 37 days to walk there. Crazy.

Shopping almost complete. Hitting one more store to check for a certain local I'm having trouble attaining, should be on it's way cross-country Monday. It's hard shopping for a state with the best distro ever!

Back