Swap-O-Rama #5, The fall harvest...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else but savory chef and I brewing today? Im headed out to breakfast with the mrs. And then back to brew a jalapeno cream ale.

Anyone else but savory chef and I brewing today? Im headed out to breakfast with the mrs. And then back to brew a jalapeno cream ale.

Brewed yesterday. Made my Austin Homebrew mini mash Irish Red. Smelled awesome.

I have three beers on tap, two in fermenters, plus some cider crash cooling. I need to wait for a keg to kick before i brew again. Shouldn't take long, that cherry wheat has been on tap for a while and has been drinking very nicely...

Then again, if i brew a big beer that i'll want to age in secondary for a while, I do have an empty fermenter... hmm...

I have three beers on tap, two in fermenters, plus some cider crash cooling. I need to wait for a keg to kick before i brew again. Shouldn't take long, that cherry wheat has been on tap for a while and has been drinking very nicely...

Then again, if i brew a big beer that i'll want to age in secondary for a while, I do have an empty fermenter... hmm...

Do it!

Haha, I hear you. I had to brew something small. Ive got an imperial stout on tap, an imperial porter just kegged, and a russian imperial stout aging...all done with heavy dark beers for a while!

A nice fun jalapeno cream ale today then maybe an ipa in a week or so would be nice. Ive got too many free fermenters...and I think I am ready to keg my sour...if it tastes good today, I just might.

Haha, I hear you. I had to brew something small. Ive got an imperial stout on tap, an imperial porter just kegged, and a russian imperial stout aging...all done with heavy dark beers for a while!

A nice fun jalapeno cream ale today then maybe an ipa in a week or so would be nice. Ive got too many free fermenters...and I think I am ready to keg my sour...if it tastes good today, I just might.

Do you have the jalapeno cream ale recipe posted? That sounds good...

TheMan said:

Brew, no. I have a batch of cider to bottle, a double of Citra APA to dry hop, and a CDA to dry hop as well.

Brewing up a Cream of Three Crops to get rid of the flaked corn i had from last batch.
I like to hop it up to 25-30 with late PNW hops

Also might brew up a pumpkin ale with the halloween pumpkin, homemade pumpkin puree!!

I have an smoked imperial amber and a nut brown to keg. Want to make a fresh cider but trying to find fresh cider and not store bought has been hard. I want to also do a sour but don't know of I want to dedicate one of my four carboys yet.

I brewed a jalapeno cream ale last November. It was a huge hit, everybody including BMC drinkers liked it. I've had several requests to brew it again, but I'm too busy figuring out my house IPA and house stout.

I am getting ready to start the boil on my Columbus, Simcoe, Cascade IPA.

I am trying to use up the rest of last year's hops to make way for the new crop.

I have an smoked imperial amber and a nut brown to keg. Want to make a fresh cider but trying to find fresh cider and not store bought has been hard. I want to also do a sour but don't know of I want to dedicate one of my four carboys yet.

We did a cider bulk buy with the evanston homebrew club, and they were talking about doing another run to the orchard in a few months. I got my corny filled for a little over $20, and the cider was delicious, much better than what i've had from grocery stores. I think one of the club members lives out in your direction too...

Ill be kegging 7gal of NB American wheat beer. I'm thinking of 5 gallons in one keg and the remaining ill mix with my dunkleweizen. This should be interesting! After that ill be adding wood cubes to my spontaneous fermented IPA.

I'm also working on a recipe for my next batch. Thinking of brewing my goatmeal trout sweet oatmeal stout again.

I haven't brewed anything in like, 3 or 4 months. Not necessarily by choice, just haven't been able to. I have a few recipes I want to tweak a little, but that's easier said than done!

image-591133455.jpg

Off to FedEx I go!

Mashed in! Jalapenos half roasted. Just doing a half batch, cannot use my propane burner at my apartment, so instead of not brewing....half batch will do!

ForumRunner_20131102_134254.png

TallDan said:
7:06 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery
There are national parks with more land area than the state this is ready to drop in...

CT is a pretty small state...

Expect a Wednesday delivery if you don't live on a coast. :)

Shipping weight came in at 31.6 pounds.

Just got intel from HQ, box is in the house now. Will report when I get home

Cathedral said:
No big deal. You enjoy that sweet haul. And no matter what, I don't want you to feel guilty when you take a sip of your beers. No. Guilt. At. All.

I'll shed a tear in every pint of Gandhi-bot I drink tonight.

Not the first time I've heard that. I think you're crazy, but not the first time I've heard that.

Almost pulled my back out picking this thing up! God damn! Opening it now...

HA! I guess i wasn't paying that close attention to who I was replying to, those are both east coast beers. I'd be up for a meetup to taste some swap-o-rama beer!

I have neither. And I was not in this round haha...maybe next round?

ForumRunner_20131102_171719.jpg

ForumRunner_20131102_171739.jpg

ForumRunner_20131102_171817.jpg

OMG! This is just pure silliness! Dude, I'm at a loss for words on this one!

Thank you so much. I can't figure out what your screen name is by your actual name. Please stand up and take credit!

OMG! This is just pure silliness! Dude, I'm at a loss for words on this one!

Thank you so much. I can't figure out what your screen name is by your actual name. Please stand up and take credit!

I would not be that excited to get a child...

Back