Swap-O-Rama #4, Bomb's Away!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
two_hearted said:
Someone in Stumptown has a 26 pounder on their porch.

Got it! Thanks two_hearted its a great box. Really excited for the Triple Digit Chickow! and the lambic! Seek-A-Brew was mostly accurate except there are some great bottle shops here where I can get the Southern Tier stuff and Ballast just got Oregon distro recently but still awesome beers. Also that glass is perfect as it matches the glasses that I use in my house, good coincidence :)

image-1791749383.jpg

Brewbien said:
Got it! Thanks two_hearted its a great box. Really excited for the Triple Digit Chickow! and the lambic! Seek-A-Brew was mostly accurate except there are some great bottle shops here where I can get the Southern Tier stuff and Ballast just got Oregon distro recently but still awesome beers. Also that glass is perfect as it matches the glasses that I use in my house, good coincidence :)

Nice haul. Mad Tree makes some good stuff! Killer beer name too, PsycHOPathy. Love it. Now, when is a box coming to CT damnit!

View attachment 150406

Glad you liked it! Sorry for all the beers you can get locally. I tried to stick to seek-a-brew. It was a struggle to find bombers that you cant get! Not a lot of Ohio or Michigan beer that I can get comes in bombers.

Nice haul. Mad Tree makes some good stuff! Killer beer name too, PsycHOPathy. Love it. Now, when is a box coming to CT damnit!

Yeah, MadTree is great. They're growing rapidly too. Every time I go to the brewery they have a new 30 BBL tank it seems. The beers are killer too. Can't wait for them to start canning their other stuff.

Glad you liked it! Sorry for all the beers you can get locally. I tried to stick to seek-a-brew. It was a struggle to find bombers that you cant get! Not a lot of Ohio or Michigan beer that I can get comes in bombers.

No worries. With the exception of Pumking, I haven't actually tried the ones that I can get locally so I'm still stoked. Thank man.

Yeah, thats why I say if seekabrew is wrong, then its just too bad. We cant always be 100% sure that they dont get a brewery.

If some one is sending stuff that seekabrew says they get...thats when there is a problem.

Yeah, if anyone has a big problem with it, the local swap isn't probably the best spot for them. This is just a fun way to get cool usually smaller distribution beer.

Indytruks138 said:
No pictures to share? Maybe of a box from Plano TX???

Wow!! This is what arrived on my doorstep from indytruks138!

image-3044435676.jpg

Awesome haul. All Texas beers and all appear to be right up my alley!

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!

The growler is Velvet Hammer by Peticolas Brewing Co. Also two Jester Kings: el Cedro and Black Metal, both I've been wanting to try. Prairie Hop, Saint Arnold IPA, Rahr and Sons DIPA, Community Brewing Co Inspiration, Deep Ellum IPA. Can't wait to try them all! Also thanks for the Whattaburger condiments.

Thanks Ryan. You definitely went above and beyond!

Glad it all made it safe. Endeavour is def best fresh, I'd drink it soon. Let me know what you think of the velvet hammer, I volunteer at his brewery some and he makes phenomenal beer, once he starts bottling that beer will be known on a big scale I think.

TCGoose said:
27 pounds of the west coast's finest, on its way to somewhere east of the Rockies...

Hopefully somewhere reeeaally east of the Rockies...

Someone in MN is getting a box tomorrow.

Maybe that's me?!!!! What a great Friday treat that would be! Also supposed to be getting some East Coast Yeast ECY29 yeast (ie Conan) delivered today. This could be shaping up to be an awesome day...

Although not sure if "tomorrow" is today now, or if it's Saturday.

Those are some of my favorites beers. The only one i haven't tried yet is the long trail pumpkin, but i heard it was good so I got it.

I wish I would have had some homebrew to share, but I was all out!

Cheers!

Those are some of my favorites beers. The only one i haven't tried yet is the long trail pumpkin, but i heard it was good so I got it.

I wish I would have had some homebrew to share, but I was all out!

Cheers!

That pumpkin is great..... i got one in my package and tried it last night

InityBrew said:
I agree. The one I sent was bottled in September too.. Can't beat fresh Wookey.

Yeah, really looking forward to that one. Fall/Winter is such a great time for a good black IPA.

This beer was phenomenal...... thanks blizzard!!!

Also, i opened the box so quickly that i didn't find the brew swag until now!!!!

ForumRunner_20130927_205524.jpg

image-2851040565.jpg First pour from this growler of Velvet Hammer from Peticolas Brewing Co in Dallas. Thanks again Ryan. This beer is f'ing outstanding! Brown sugar/ raisin and a hint of sourdough on the nose. Slight alcohol warmth, toasty bittersweet chocolate finishes with nice firm bitterness. I think this "imperial bomber" and I will finish each other off in no time. And I'm ok with that. :mug: :ban: image-2986788753.jpg

West coasters should watch their porches today!

Edit: apparently FedEx just changed it to tues :(

EDIT 2: FedEx was wrong, my package delivered today!

Latest posts

Back