Swap-O-Rama #3, ANTI LOCAL!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry it took so long to get the pics up. It took me all that time to unpack this beast! Just saw a brewery tour of new Belgium on drinking made easy and the Boulevard brews look very interesting as well.

I'm curious what the home brew is?!

Someone clam this most excellent hook up :mug:

I'm just glad they all made it. Was the box banged up at all?

Glad the shirt is close to the right size. I realized after I dropped off the box that: 1) the homebrew was not labeled. 2) the Trout Slayer had a date of 7/31 (sorry about that, didn't catch that until yesterday; my local liquor store manager was advised of his old stock).

The homebrew is a dark saison that I brewed in 2011, it needed some time in the bottle and I recently discovered a lost six pack. I think time did it well but I would love some feedback.

The Certified Evil has been cellared since late 2010, not sure how it has been in the last 6 months; I haven't had one since January. One is on deck for this weekend.

I love those little 33 beers journals, I take one with me whenever I travel to remember beers that I don't have regular access to.

Hope you enjoy a sample of beer in the upper midwest! Tank 7 has earned the nickname "Destroyer of men" amongst my friends for being sneaky.

That Tank 7 is great. I have found drinking it from a Cognac glass to enhance the flavors as well.

The suspense is killing me. I wish I knew if my heavenly gift had been shipped and where it was. Feels like the days leading up to Christmas as a kid

cruizer8 said:
That Tank 7 is great. I have found drinking it from a Cognac glass to enhance the flavors as well.

Well I'll have to bring one with me on vacation this week!

Perfect timing too on this delivery, I'll be on the beach in about 12 hrs :mug: not waiting for 5 or even noon for that matter!

The box was about what you'd expect, not horrible. Interesting sounding homebrew, I'll absolutely get you some feed back.

I actually just started keeping track of beers I've drank and their tasting notes. The 33 beers rating system looks much better than what I came up with. Good stuff, thanks again!

It was supposed to be there tomorrow (and paid for certain date delivery on a Saturday) but Fedex must have known you needed it today.

UPS has stopped in front of my house the last two days. I can't describe how anxious I was for him to come to the door and drop off a wonderful beer present. I felt like a kid coming downstairs on Christmas. Then he just drove off. I couldn't see which house he went to, but it wasn't mine.:(

I just found this thread and caught up on it, I'm beyond jealous! Next time I'm in for sure. My wife always questions why there are always breweries along our vacation travels... I just blame it on just plain good luck, but spend more time scouting out local breweries then actual vacation plans ( yes that is horrible, I just realized it as I was typing that) So many beers, so little time.

Mine was one of the casualties sent.....made it half the way there before showing up damaged. Weight updated to half the weight and sent back. Now it shows being local but undeliverable as damaged, so guess I am not getting any back. Had 12 miles of bubble wrap and packing in it......sorry for the hassle and will get it rebought and sent out ASAP

Are you guys wrapping these up in bags? That would help with the leakage (if the bottles are breaking). I like to put them in 1 gallon ziploc bags, or for 750s I'll put them in grocery bags then wrap them up individually in bubble wrap. It's also best to line your box with a trash bag with packaging material inside and out. All this beer abuse is making me cry! I've only had 1 bottle break and who knows what happened. Maybe I wasn't as careful that time.

Javier25 said:
Are you guys wrapping these up in bags? That would help with the leakage (if the bottles are breaking). I like to put them in 1 gallon ziploc bags, or for 750s I'll put them in grocery bags then wrap them up individually in bubble wrap. It's also best to line your box with a trash bag with packaging material inside and out. All this beer abuse is making me cry! I've only had 1 bottle break and who knows what happened. Maybe I wasn't as careful that time.

I shipped in trash bags. The beers I got from John were all in zip locs too

Someone's box is out for delivery!

September? This ones almost done ;)

Haha, I know. But I am getting married at the end of August...probably best not to be organizing a beer swap while also trying to finish up wedding planning. I can see that ending horribly lol

TheMan said:
Haha, I know. But I am getting married at the end of August...probably best not to be organizing a beer swap while also trying to finish up wedding planning. I can see that ending horribly lol

I disagree. Push to the limit and see what happens. Lol. Congrats.

bigmike99 said:
I disagree. Push to the limit and see what happens. Lol. Congrats.

When I get back to my lap top, I'm going to like that comment!

I couldn't agree more. THEMAN you need to keep expectations low for as long as you can :mug:

Ha! Thanks for all of the effort and your time. We all appreciate it.

Somebody has my package sitting at their side door...

Forgot I had a side door... Checked this morning and there it was :) Thanks Cathedral. Can't wait to try two-hearted and total eclipse!
ibr5QmBIjAV98u.jpg
ibb4KAh4Xm9fOL.jpg

Forgot I had a side door... Checked this morning and there it was :) Thanks Cathedral. Can't wait to try two-hearted and total eclipse!

Sorry about all the ipas... I didn't even think about it until it was all packed. I remember thinking, "man I wish I would be the one getting this package... aw, crap! I hope he likes ipa..."

Hope mine shows up Monday (I am off) and will be spending most of the morning polishing my keggle.

Cathedral said:
Sorry about all the ipas... I didn't even think about it until it was all packed. I remember thinking, "man I wish I would be the one getting this package... aw, crap! I hope he likes ipa..."

No worries. They all look like some great beers. Also interested to try the mead, ashamed to say I've never tried any mead before ;) I have a feeling you will get the IPAs you desire.

My package landed today!!!!!! Very excited to try all of these. Got an awesome combo of beers here. Plenty to drink fresh and plenty to age and drink on occasion. Thanks!!!!!

ForumRunner_20130803_192356.jpg

ForumRunner_20130803_192424.jpg

ForumRunner_20130803_192455.jpg

Are there any unclaimed packages that landed today? I havent been home all day and hoping theres something to look forward to when i get home.

Back