Swap-O-Rama #3, ANTI LOCAL!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I checked my tracking info after dropping the package off 14 hours ago. FedEx already managed to damage the box and its being returned. I literally couldn't fit more bubble wrap in that box.

Same thing happened with my NHC beers. What the hell is my fedex doing to these boxes?

You might be on a "black list" if youve had broken bottles in the past.
Just a list to make sure you dont keep sending "illegal" shipments, i would try using ups and see if you have the same problem. If so then you need to learn how to package glass bottles better.

Uh oh. It looks like mine didn't make it to the recipient. I just checked the tracking and it said this.
"Unauthorized alcohol shipment. Unable to complete delivery or return to sender. UPS will contact shipper. / Unauthorized alcohol shipment was discovered. Unable to deliver or return due to regulatory requirements."
What a shame. It was "out for delivery" this morning. I wonder how it was "discovered. "

Uh oh. It looks like mine didn't make it to the recipient. I just checked the tracking and it said this.
"Unauthorized alcohol shipment. Unable to complete delivery or return to sender. UPS will contact shipper. / Unauthorized alcohol shipment was discovered. Unable to deliver or return due to regulatory requirements."
What a shame. It was "out for delivery" this morning. I wonder how it was "discovered. "

Ah damn that is horrible man. I'm sorry to hear that, lot of money down the drain, that really sucks that it was discovered while out for delivery.

What happens after that? They discard it? Deliver back? Do you have to pay for shipping back?

But to lighten the mood and give some hope, I just got this awesome box from an unknown. Someone take credit for this goodness!

ForumRunner_20130802_142056.png

ForumRunner_20130802_142120.jpg

ForumRunner_20130802_142131.png

It says they can't return delivery. I'll never see it again I bet. I would think they'll dispose of it in the trash or in their belly.

But to lighten the mood and give some hope, I just got this awesome box from an unknown. Someone take credit for this goodness!

Those would be from me. I was lucky to get some of the Crow Peak. They are one of only a two or three in SD who distribute outside of a brewpub.

Edit: Oh, and the Easy Livin' summer ale is their new one that they just released.

I got a package today!! I will post pics later. It also had one casualty of shipping though from what I could tell from the shards it said riser a number 3.

Ughhh I hate sitting at work wondering if there is a box of beer on my doorstep. I am a fan of the mystery of not knowing who is sending your beer until someone posts it is waiting on a doorstep....it is mine????

ForumRunner_20130802_160008.jpg

ForumRunner_20130802_160025.jpg

All those good good new things to drink!! And a nice looking chocolate stout homebrew!!!! FANTASTIC!!!!!! The casualty smelled awesome though.....

F man! That sucks!

milliser said:
All those good good new things to drink!! And a nice looking chocolate stout homebrew!!!! FANTASTIC!!!!!! The casualty smelled awesome though.....

Enjoy the goods sorry, to hear that the Almanac Farmers Reserve No. 3 Sour did not make it. It's a great sour. I will try and replace that if not i will send you another sour.

Enjoy the goods sorry, to hear that the Almanac Farmers Reserve No. 3 Sour did not make it. It's a great sour. I will try and replace that if not i will send you another sour.

No need to replace!! This is a great package I am overly excited about!! I have been wanting to try Pliny for awhile and just hadn't ever set anything up for it so I am excited!! Thanks a million and cheers!!

Here's a pic of what I recieved yesterday. Thanks a ton indytrucks! Never even heard of most of these breweries, exactly why I like the local swaps haha...one of them was already opened in this pic...

ForumRunner_20130802_180344.jpg

New package is sitting at fedex. The guy thought it would make out Wednesday or Thursday. Fingers crossed. This one is packed better, but I thought the first one was good to go.

Finally got to get caught up on my inbox:

The count so far:
5 delivered
8 in transit
11 UNshipped

Unfortunately there have been 3 casualty boxes. This is a swap-o-rama record.

However, props need to be given to Cruizer8. Yet again an "under 100" member was the first to ship. Val214 was the first in the last round as an "under 100" (also the second to ship in this round). Keep up the good vibes you two!

Monday is a big day, 4 boxes to arrive! Tomorrow, 2 boxes to land!

damage report: I received my box back today. It made it from FedEx to the distribution center and thats it... Only lost one bomber. not too bad. Still have over 200 oz. i doubled up on bubble wrap and added peanuts.

They actually unwrapped every single beer to remove the broken one. Then re-packed it all and brought it all back to me... It just said damaged package, return to sender. Hah! Must've been a cool driver.

I'll have the wife re-ship it asap. (I'm leaving town in the morning.).

damage report: I received my box back today. It made it from FedEx to the distribution center and thats it... Only lost one bomber. not too bad. Still have over 200 oz. i doubled up on bubble wrap and added peanuts.

They actually unwrapped every single beer to remove the broken one. Then re-packed it all and brought it all back to me... It just said damaged package, return to sender. Hah! Must've been a cool driver.

I'll have the wife re-ship it asap. (I'm leaving town in the morning.).

Wow, you're a lucky one. Sometimes they do this, sometimes they discard the whole thing.

Sorry it took so long to get the pics up. It took me all that time to unpack this beast! Just saw a brewery tour of new Belgium on drinking made easy and the Boulevard brews look very interesting as well.

I'm curious what the home brew is?!

Someone clam this most excellent hook up :mug:

image-1929415121.jpg

image-4064421187.jpg

image-2256767989.jpg

Back