Super Simple 15G Plastic Conical

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my full drain tank today! This is going to be much better then the bulkhead version in mu opinion. Also the gallon markings are much clearer on this tank then the previous. I'll try and take pictures tonight.

I wanted to provide contact information for OhioValleyAG, Jarrod is the sales rep that has really gone above and beyond to make things right. If your interested in duplicating please give him an e-mail also can't beat their price either $51.87, and shipping was cheap $12.73, of course I am only one state away. Only real complaint is the tanks were shipped bare, not cardboard box. Can't be too upset both made it here in great condition and the fittings were wrapped in foam and seamed well with packing tape.

Remember model: INFD15-19
Not on website, order direct through

Jarrod Kemper
Ohio Valley Ag
Marketing & Business Development
2610 West Second Street
Owensboro, KY 42301
o: 270.684.4202 x216
f: 270.684.4204
tf: 866.561.7772
e: [email protected]
Shop Online: www.ohiovalleyag.com

Well it seems I took to long and they figured out they could make more money. That tank is now listed at $70.26 :mad:

Try emailing Jarrod. He might be able to help. If not I think rural king with coupon is second best.

FSR402 said:
Well it seems I took to long and they figured out they could make more money. That tank is now listed at $70.26 :mad:

Try spraysmarter based out of indianapolis got mine from them for under 60.00 and shipped fast look them up on web they have a website id call to order though to make sure u get the complete drainout version

Where are people getting stainless rack arm for this thing. Im looking for one that dont rotate. Any sugestions?

Just picked up the 15 gallon Full Drain 2" version.

I also got the valve, nipple, and two couplers.

http://media.ruralking.com/image.php?sku=063240069&nsize=1000

http://media.ruralking.com/image.php?sku=063240904&nsize=1000

Any reason I shouldn't use this setup?

Well, today I received everything. Booo. The Tank I got with the 2" drain had way too many nooks and crannies to use. I remember other people on here saying the same thing but couldn't find it. I'm hoping the full drain version, which I just reordered, has a lot less places for things to hide at the drain. The other unfortunate thing is that all the hardware I ordered has to also be sent back as it's for the 2" drain. Too bad it took me 10 days to find all this out. I've got some honey brown ingredients that are screaming to be cooked up!

I got my 15gal sitting in the basement. Keep up the good ideas. I hope to order my fittings and possibly building a cold box soon!

HellBentBrewCo said:
did you ever get a chance to post pictures or instructions on how you sealed this thing?

Not yet still got a brew in it ill get the list of parts for you etc. By this weekend

Yes it holds real nice had it up to 30 psi to test it and check for leaks

Nice ! That means that you can filter straight from the conical ! It just keeps getting better and better.

I really, really wish they had these things in a 10 gallon size. I fired an email off to Jarrod.

What would be the lower limit of wort you would ferment in the 15 gallon size ? (I have 11 gallon brewpots...)

brewman ! said:
Nice ! That means that you can filter straight from the conical ! It just keeps getting better and better.

I really, really wish they had these things in a 10 gallon size. I fired an email off to Jarrod.

What would be the lower limit of wort you would ferment in the 15 gallon size ? (I have 11 gallon brewpots...)

The first batch i brewed was only 5 gal and it turned out fine i have noticed the batch i got in there now percs more cause less air space

Got an email saying that my 35 gallon (the one with the 4 legs) has shipped. Now to get all the fittings and some 8" tall pneumatic casters to put on it. May be buying the 60 gallon one next if this one works out. :rockin:

Here is my effort to get an airtight seal with weatherproofing. I will be starting a wine kit later today. I used clear aquarium silicone sealant to seal the ends of the weatherproofing material. I used a single strip, ribbed EPDM material on the conical. The conical screw holes are on the inner edge of the gasket.

I used a double strip, ribbed EPDM material on the lid. I made sure that the outer strip was neatly applied and tried to mitigate the tendency of the inner strip to bunch.

I will know if this is airtight later today.

f17d7737.jpg

The conical seal material

2d0cf61d.jpg

c7a3326a.jpg

at least half the width of the weatherstrip material is compressed under the lid assembly

51acafc8.jpg

338b27de.jpg

92d9bd01.jpg

The lid seal material.

i dont know if some on mentioned this yet. but you can get these ace rotomold tanks at ruralking.com and they have free shipping on orders over $49. i just got my 30gal full drain there. also a good place for cheap SS ball valves is directmaterial.com i got a 1 1/2" SS one piece ball valve for $28.52,

just thought the info might help someone

SpottedDogBrewing said:
Huh? Who's side are you on?

Tongue in cheek. I'm always on the side of the homebrewer. I think the 100 gallon limit is silly.

If they're going to regulate it then they need to focus on the distribution/sale not the manufacture.

Got my full drain tank today! This is going to be much better then the bulkhead version in mu opinion. Also the gallon markings are much clearer on this tank then the previous. I'll try and take pictures tonight.

I wanted to provide contact information for OhioValleyAG, Jarrod is the sales rep that has really gone above and beyond to make things right. If your interested in duplicating please give him an e-mail also can't beat their price either $51.87, and shipping was cheap $12.73, of course I am only one state away. Only real complaint is the tanks were shipped bare, not cardboard box. Can't be too upset both made it here in great condition and the fittings were wrapped in foam and seamed well with packing tape.

Remember model: INFD15-19
Not on website, order direct through

Jarrod Kemper
Ohio Valley Ag
Marketing & Business Development
2610 West Second Street
Owensboro, KY 42301
o: 270.684.4202 x216
f: 270.684.4204
tf: 866.561.7772
e: [email protected]
Shop Online: www.ohiovalleyag.com

Squeeky,

Thanks for the great comments on our products and services. Just to update our online store in now Agrimart.net. You can also reach Agrimart from the ohiovalleyag.com site. We have the same great service and prices. Also, discounted shipping rates.

A link to our Inductor Tanks: Ace Agricultural Tanks - Liquid Storage & Containment - Agrimart

Thanks,
Jarrod

Got mine in. Now to order the valves (going all tri clamp) and to build a cart to bolt it to. Thinking a 4'x4' platform with 8" pneumatic wheels so I can get it from my front garage to my barn once full. :ban:

389972_10150612794558689_666868688_11056409_1328091034_n.jpg

I think the FD in the title means its full drain. I could be wrong. But my full drain had FD n the model #

I ordered 6 of these today from Jarrod. Great guy, great service.

I was going to TIG weld some cornys into conicals, but this is a much better use of my time, to say nothing of how much racking time they are going to save.

i got a 1 1/2" SS one piece ball valve for $28.52

How do you plan to get a one piece ball valve clean after a batch, especially if its screwed into the base of the conical ?

I ordered a 1.5 triclamp x 1.5NPT for the bottom of mine, plus 1.5" Tri clamp butterfly valves.

Expensive, but worth it, in my mind. I am going to set up an "equipment fund" tip jar on my bar.

i just rinse it out, close it, fill the conical with starsan, let it sit a bit, dump it, rinse with water and its good to go

i just rinse it out, close it, fill the conical with starsan, let it sit a bit, dump it, rinse with water and its good to go

I have to add that I have been horrified at the residues I see everytime I disassemble one of the pipe threaded connections on my brew rig. Maybe it isn't as big of issue as one would think.

Edit: The biggest hang up for me right now is the threaded connection on the bottom. I am eager to hear about long term use. Hopefully positive.

I have to add that I have been horrified at the residues I see everytime I disassemble one of the pipe threaded connections on my brew rig. Maybe it isn't as big of issue as one would think.

Edit: The biggest hang up for me right now is the threaded connection on the bottom. I am eager to hear about long term use. Hopefully positive.

I have fermented over 300 gallons in my plastic conical. I have never disassembled either of the valves. I cycle them open/closed numerous times during the rinsing/cleaning/sanitation process. The first few times I'll see gunk come out but after that it's clear. YMMV. Cheers!!!

Wow we are up to 36 pages, and guess who has yet to put beer in his. :eek:

Hopefully brewing next week and will finally get to use it. Can someone here move to Dayton, OH and buy my condo so I can relocate and start brewing again. I hate not being able to brew on the weekends.

Two thumbs up for Jarrod...received my 2- 30 gals yesterday...now waiting on my tri-clamps, o-rings, stainless racking arms&valves ...and rolling wire carts...two 30gal conicals for less than one 7.5 stainless....thanks to all who contributed to this thread

That is why I went with a tri clamp 1.5" NPT fitting. I can remove the valve and put a soft round cylindrical brush up into the thread area and spin it to clean it out.

If the valve is threaded in permanently, how do you clean that area ?

If I was running a ball valve, I'd make it a 3 piece tri clamp type and pull the ball out of it and soak it separately every time I sanitized the fermenter.

I used cam locks on the rest of my brewing gear, but to my thinking anything to do with fermenting needs tri clamps so they can be removed and sanitized.

Latest posts

Back