Stuck Tap, No Pour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IloveWorts

Reaction score
So this is a new one for me. When I go to pour my pale ale from my kegerator, I open the tap and nothing comes out. No co2 and no beer. I then have to crank up the co2 pressure enough so it starts coming out which wastes the first beer. I'm thinking its the taps because they aren't perlick or because the initial pressure isn't high enough...?

If you try to burp the pressure relief valve, does co2 come out?

Did you happen to dry hop in this keg?

Clogged is clogged. I cant see upping the pressure and getting a good pour. To rule out the faucet shut off the gas,purge system,take off faucet.Put a pitcher under/in front of faucet housing.Turn on the gas. If beer comes shooting out its your faucet,if not its something else.

Yeah I think the lines were gunked up or something because after you get it pouring it starts going again no problem. Going to have to take apart and clean up everything big time.

i have had this happen and it turned out to be some hop material clogged in the keg , upped the pressure and it would displace it and flow. pulled the fitting and cleaned , problem solved.

Back