No beer in 1 of the 3 taps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rotanz7

Reaction score
I have a 3 tap kegerator that has been working fine but all of a sudden, the center tap has zero beer coming out. This is the 4th set of 3 kegs on the same CO2 tank. My thoughts are that the CO2 is empty but how are the other 2 taps pouring beer? Thanks for any help!

If you are using a CO2 manifold with shut-off valves, those valves may have "check valves" inside that would prevent a keg holding pressure to vent back through the CO2 connection to another keg. Hence, you could have one keg empty but the other two could still be pressurized.

That said, there are other reasons why one tap would have "zero beer" while the other two are still dispensing: the "zero" keg could be empty, or frozen, or its beer line could be frozen, or clogged with something like hops.

Try swapping the "zero" keg beer line and gas line to one of the other two kegs and see what happens...

Cheers!

If you are using a CO2 manifold with shut-off valves, those valves may have "check valves" inside that would prevent a keg holding pressure to vent back through the CO2 connection to another keg. Hence, you could have one keg empty but the other two could still be pressurized.

That said, there are other reasons why one tap would have "zero beer" while the other two are still dispensing: the "zero" keg could be empty, or frozen, or its beer line could be frozen, or clogged with something like hops.

Try swapping the "zero" keg beer line and gas line to one of the other two kegs and see what happens...

Cheers!
Wow, all 3 kegs are 3 weeks old so it’s not empty but I have the temp at 37 degrees and it’s the center keg in the back so I will increase the temp to 39 and see what happens. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question! Tom

What beer is it? I've had dip tubes blocked before and experienced similar "no beer even with a full keg". 15psi of CO2 down the outlet post usually sorts it.

Latest posts

Back