Stuck build, brewstand.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomahawk

Reaction score
I have a brewtus-style stand partially complete. I'm stuck on the propane and temperature parts of the build.

My big dilema is not knowing about automation (auto flame control) and even if I did, would I want it?

Right now I'm thinking about plumbing the 3 burners, light them manually as required and taking all temperatures with a Thermapen. Pretty lame by some standards right? ;-)

What worries me is after I do this, I'll wish I would have spent just a little more and had a more "semi-automated" system....but I want to keep it as inexpensive as possible.

The part awaiting to be installed are:

2 HighPress BG14 (HLT and BOIL)
1 LowPress 6" 70kbtu (mash tun)
1 HighPress regulator
64484.jpg

Here what my stand looks like currently. Help me finish please! ;-)

I need recommendations on regulators, line size, needle valves and any other (non-expensive) additions you think are mandatory. Basically, what would you do, within reason, to finish this. Thanks for any help guys.

FRAMEASSY.jpg

totslfroma-1.jpg

For a gas manifold you can use 1/2" black iron pipe and malleable fittings, gas ball valve for shutoff and a needle valve after ball valve for flame control. Flex hoses or 3/8" flared end copper tubing for connection between needle valve and burner. For the 6" burner use a high pressure orifice and connect it the same way as the others. If the manifold is mounted under the top rail the ball valve shutoffs will be easier to reach and if the needle valves are connected directly to the shutoff then adjustment will be easier.
The pipe and gas shutoffs and flex lines should be stock items from HD or Lowes, the needle valves and burner orifices should be easy to find on Tejas Smokers site in the brass parts.

Back