Looking to get back into homebrewing... any ~2gal BIAB (or similar) automated brewing setups out there?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badmajon

Reaction score
Hi all, it's been awhile since I stopped brewing but I'm really missing it and would like to get into it again. The main reason why I quit was because I was just unable to finish 5 gallons of beer before the said beer started to get stale. Pouring half a corny keg down the gutter felt like a big kick in the gut. So I stopped. I'm missing it though, so I want to give it a try again.

I am looking for an automated setup, something electric and preferably one-vessel, that will enable me to brew 2 gallon all-grain batches. I know the homebrewing world moves fast so maybe ya'll can help me out to catch up with what people are doing nowadays?

I'm good for the cooling/fermenting/kegging/serving part, just need some help on the mashing/boiling part of the process.

Any recommendations here appreciated. Would prefer an all in one system, don't want to mess with a kitchen that looks like a mad scientists lab. Wife doesn't like that. Just want something to put in the garage.

There will be many suggestions coming, but one to start with is the Anvil 6.5 gallon unit. It works best with the pump option, but the pump is not essential to brew beer on it--it just makes it a bit easier. At 6.5 gallons, it is designed to produce 2.5 gallons of finished beer, but with some tweaks can go much higher--I typically brew 4 gallons and end up with 3.5, but I have read of others doing a full 5 gallons. but I think that is really pushing the envelope. I am somewhat in your position--as the only beer drinker in the family I either brew small batches or further in between. The latter solution adds the problem of repeatability, as by the time I brewed again it was like starting over. As the saying goes--your mileage may vary.

There will be many suggestions coming, but one to start with is the Anvil 6.5 gallon unit. It works best with the pump option, but the pump is not essential to brew beer on it--it just makes it a bit easier. At 6.5 gallons, it is designed to produce 2.5 gallons of finished beer, but with some tweaks can go much higher--I typically brew 4 gallons and end up with 3.5, but I have read of others doing a full 5 gallons. but I think that is really pushing the envelope. I am somewhat in your position--as the only beer drinker in the family I either brew small batches or further in between. The latter solution adds the problem of repeatability, as by the time I brewed again it was like starting over. As the saying goes--your mileage may vary.
Thank you! I will look into that.

[edit]

Yeah this looks like exactly what I need. It even has a switch for 120/240v when I eventually upgrade the power in my garage. Thanks again! Pretty affordable too.

Last edited:
I haven't used it in 240 mode yet, but even at 120 it has cut down my brew day time considerably. Especially since I can fill and set the timer so it is at mash temp. and ready to go in the morning.

Latest posts

Back