Strong acidic taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nuggethead

Reaction score
I tapped a keg of Red Ale that has been aging a month or so. I hooked up with new 10'-3/16 beer lines that I cleaned with PBW, rinsed with hot water, and rinsed again with Starsan. I poured a pint and it had a very strong acidic type hit to it. I figured it was from not enough rinse after cleaning so I disconnected and re-rinsed with Starsan and then followed by another rinse with spring water. The taste was still present. I looked at the gauge for this keg and found it had been at 15psi for three weeks. I blead the keg a few times and reset to 11 psi and pulled a pint, the taste has almost disappeared. Can over-carbonation cause this acidic taste ( maybe carbonic acid) or would it be contributed to the new lines or both.

Thanks, Carbonic Bite was the term I needed. After doing another search using that term I found alot of info.

Back