Stout?????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chucknut

Reaction score
I am looking for an All grain Stout recipe. With chocolate and coffee. I have used the search function but have not found one i like. Please post your recipes.

Hey Yooper would you be able to post that recipe. I did look through the database. Just thought it wouldn't hurt to ask if anyone had a recipe that was not in there.

Sure! But there isn't any chocolate or coffee (I HATE chocolate). It's an oatmeal stout.

7 lbs Pale Malt, Maris Otter (3.0 SRM) Grain 66.67 %
1 lbs Oats, Flaked (1.0 SRM) Grain 9.52 %
12.0 oz Chocolate Malt (350.0 SRM) Grain 7.14 %
12.0 oz Victory Malt (25.0 SRM) Grain 7.14 %
8.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 80L (80.0 SRM) Grain 4.76 %
8.0 oz Roasted Barley (500.0 SRM) Grain 4.76 %
1.50 oz Goldings, East Kent [6.20 %] (60 min) Hops 32.4 IBU

Yeast: Wyeast's ESB strain, or WLP002. I'm using S04.

Sure! But there isn't any chocolate or coffee (I HATE chocolate). It's an oatmeal stout.

7 lbs Pale Malt, Maris Otter (3.0 SRM) Grain 66.67 %
1 lbs Oats, Flaked (1.0 SRM) Grain 9.52 %
12.0 oz Chocolate Malt (350.0 SRM) Grain 7.14 %
12.0 oz Victory Malt (25.0 SRM) Grain 7.14 %
8.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 80L (80.0 SRM) Grain 4.76 %
8.0 oz Roasted Barley (500.0 SRM) Grain 4.76 %
1.50 oz Goldings, East Kent [6.20 %] (60 min) Hops 32.4 IBU

Yeast: Wyeast's ESB strain, or WLP002. I'm using S04.

:off: There is a woman in the world who hates chocolate? :confused: I thought that was a double-x genetic trait?

:off: There is a woman in the world who hates chocolate? :confused: I thought that was a double-x genetic trait?

And you know what's funny? My dearest friend is a few years older than me, and she also detests chocolate. It's funny when we have potlucks with other couples, because they know the one thing we would never bring is brownies or chocolate cake!

I love coffee and beer, so it's not the bitterness. There is just something in chocolate that tastes really, really bad to me. Bitter, but worse.

Anyway, the oatmeal stout is all mashed in right now and it smells really great!

This was my first all grain recipe. Made it up myself as well. i added some vanilla beans to the fermenter, but quite honestly you can't taste the vanilla too well over the coffee and slight chocolate flavor. Any experts out there want to critique the recipe, have at it.

7# Marris Otter
1# Briess Special Roast
1.25# Chocolate
.5# Crystal 60
1# Crystal 120
.75# Roasted Barley

.5 oz Milennium pellet hops - 60 min
.5 oz Kent Goldings pellet hops - 15 min

Wyeast Irish Ale #1084

Here's a link to Tucks Chocolate Espresso Stout.

I have this in a keg, and it's getting better every month. The espresso part is mellowing, and the chocolate is getting smoother. It's like a milkshake in a glass. Now I wish that I'd have bottled this instead of kegging. It's a specialty beer that's taking up a tap.

Back