tequila / agave flavored beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve used agave nectar as an adjunct and the results were indistinguishable from sugar. I would think tequila would be a different story.

Apparently one can buy wood chips from tequila barrels.

I have a dear friend who loves tequila (and stout beer!), and am looking for recipes incorporating either (tequila, agave). Any suggestions?
I’ve done my Hoparita beer where I pour some top shelf tequila in at packaging. It doesn’t take much depending on finished ABV of the beer. You can add tequila to taste to a 16 oz pour and then scale that volume up for the entire batch.

you beat me too it jareeves. i make an agave lager in the summer thats delicious . higher quality agave syrup will leave behind some nice peppery cactus flavor but you have to use a fair amount. and its not cheap. i use bluegreen organics light agave

1700668147629.png

i put a whole 32 ounce bottle at flameout in a 4.5 gallon batch of lager and its definately noticeable. nice but not overpowering at all. it also thins out the beer very nicely just like dextrose (and bumps abv like jareeves said) .

cheers

I think what I'm getting from this thread, is that agave would probably get completely lost in a big roasty/chocolatey stout.

I'll try adding a couple drops of tequila to a couple of different beers I've got bottled, but I think my friend would probably prefer the tequila and the stout separate. Certainly less room for error that way!

Thanks all for commenting!

Back