looking for a chocolate raspberry liqueur recipe ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of the port wine kits might have something close to what you are looking for. Winexpert, for example. I did a chocolate raspberry port wine once. Not too bad, for what it was. My wife liked it.

I’m wondering if using chocolate extract or maybe cocoa powder in the beginning , then add the raspberry and let it infuse for a couple days 🤔

Those kits, esp for the Desert Wines, seem to be pretty rigid in their ingredients and process. I seem to recall the chocolate and raspberry comes together in a single packet called a Chaptalization pack. To attempt to alter the ingredients without having made one of the kits before hand would be inadvisable. Basically, the kit is a wine kit with the sweet flavorings added when nearly done fermenting. Without the Chaptalization pack, you would probably get a 12 to 14% wine. If I recall, the finished product is only 16%, but does cause some additional fermentation. It finishes sweet.

But, sorry to say, upon checking, this kit appears to have been a limited edition.

To me, however, it does suggest a possible approach... buy an inexpensive tawney port such as Benjamin, and trying small amounts of cocoa or chocolate syrup that you were entertaining. Plus, you would get a higher alcohol content.

Back