SS Beer Line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loweface

Reaction score
Is there such a thing as Stainless Steel Beer Line?

What would be the pro's and con's?

I've used stainless steel gas line to pipe various gases in the lab, does anyone use similar for the beer line?

I'm not familiar with SS pipes, but that'd definitely be a pita to hook up to a tap and keg since it has (I assume) very little flexibility. Not to mention probably not working at all with a door mounted tap.

I really can't see any benefit other than cleaning, and even then you could just replace the plastic lines for 20 years for what'd cost.

But I don't keg, so ignore me.

Best for the lines to flexible for changing out kegs i would guess. Probably work fine if you can overcome the installation hurdles and maintenance / operation. But I ask why?

Not exactly sure why...

Maybe it would help on a kegorator with an infrequent useage?

How narrow a guage do you think ould be used?

It would work fine if you can deal with the rigidity. It only needs to handle 30 psi or less so it can be pretty thin gauge. If I were installing in a remote location, the bulk of the run would be stainless for me and the ends would have the flex tubing.

Back