Sour Beer....REALLY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds wonderful. It is certainly a rising trend. I try every sour I can get my hands on. It may take a bit to get used to, but after that you'll NEED to get your sour fix.

*Mouth waters*

What is this sour beer you speak of?? Just kidding, I love sour beers but I need others in between. Good thing too because they are usually expensive.

I've always liked sour candy... didn't even know there was such a beer until I got into brewing. Not something I would keg and drink all the time but I always grab a Sour Wench sampler when I'm at my LHBS (Ballast Point).

I've always like sour candy, food, anything, and as you can see from my sig, it's carried over to my brewing...

I didn't like sours at all the first few times I tried them, after continuing to try them over time, I now find myself craving them in certain situations. As an added benefit, they seem to really help with heart burn.

I tried my first sour the other day (Lambic)....after the first sip I was hooked. Polished off the bottle all to my self.

Any recommendations out there for any sours you guys enjoy?

Thats funny I listened to a podcast about there sours but never got around to trying any. Im not sure if any stores cary it around here but ill have to check.

Thanks for the reminder

I tried my first sour the other day (Lambic)....after the first sip I was hooked. Polished off the bottle all to my self.

Depending on where you are in CA, Russian River sours (Consecration, Temptation, et al) might be an easy get.

My first was a lindeman peach sour...I just wouldn't want to pay 10 and up for anything that wasn't good.

I like Monk's Cafe Flemish Sour Red Ale but I am not sure if it is available in your area, it is from a bar in Philadelphia but is bottled.

This doesnt sound good at all...
:

I just went into violent convulsions and then punched my screen.

We did the RR Consecretion clone at my place last year... 59 gallons of sour in a used merlot barrel (just bottled my share of that beer... it's tremendous)... and then we refilled that empty barrel with another 59 gallons of a turbid mash lambic. I have a sour rye wit going (unintentional but I'm looking forward to it now) and two 1/4 barrels of oud bruin.

doesn't sound good??? Why... I outta!!!!

I just went into violent convulsions and then punched my screen.

We did the RR Consecretion clone at my place last year... 59 gallons of sour in a used merlot barrel (just bottled my share of that beer... it's tremendous)... and then we refilled that empty barrel with another 59 gallons of a turbid mash lambic. I have a sour rye wit going (unintentional but I'm looking forward to it now) and two 1/4 barrels of oud bruin.

doesn't sound good??? Why... I outta!!!!

I gotta agree with the guy though. It doesn't sound good, it sounds great.

Lambic kriek is good, I just had one last night. but i'm not a big fan of all of the sour type beers.

Latest posts

Back