• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Michigan SOLD Kegtron Single Tap Keg Monitor $30

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

micraftbeer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This is a Kegtron single tap flow meter for your homebrew beer. You connect your beer line from the keg to the inlet of this, and then the outlet from this unit goes to your beer tap. It contains a power cord that you keep powered, and the flow meter inside keeps track of beer volume flowing past it so you can keep track of beer in the keg.

You connect to this unit via the Kegtron App, which communicates over Bluetooth.

I got this about 2.5 years ago for a hands on product review. I used it for a couple of months, but took it out of my system when I re-arranged my keezer, and it has been collecting dust on my shelf.

This sells for $150 new on Amazon.

I live in Detroit area.

https://www.amazon.com/Kegtron-Smar...locphy=9016981&hvtargid=pla-578265432619&th=1
https://www.homebrewfinds.com/2019/06/hands-on-review-kegtron-smart-keg-monitor.html

Attachments

• IMG_20211025_114429303.jpg
    IMG_20211025_114429303.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20211025_114437586.jpg
    IMG_20211025_114437586.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20211025_114444371.jpg
    IMG_20211025_114444371.jpg
    642.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20211025_114505535.jpg
    IMG_20211025_114505535.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20211025_114522562.jpg
    IMG_20211025_114522562.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20211025_114536786.jpg
    IMG_20211025_114536786.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20211025_114626430.jpg
    IMG_20211025_114626430.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 4
@bracconiere I went back into my review notes to check what I had trialed. It looks like I didn't do a volume accuracy trial per se. The problem I had in thinking through an experiment like that is you have to have an accurate starting volume. The App measured # of drinks left (you define how many ounces a "drink" was). It reliably counted down and when I was around 1 drink left, or at 0 left, foam spitting was imminent. So generally speaking the accuracy was good, and definitely adequate for estimating how many beers you have left before you're empty. But this is totally reliant on you knowing exactly how much beer you put in there to start with. And there's a lot of error there. You can use volume markings on your fermentor, and then guesstimate how much is left at the bottom if you have a lot of trub. But again, when it said 1 beer left or 0 beers left, I was on empty.

Another system I trialed was the Plaato Keg Management system. They use WiFi transmitting scales. For this one, you weigh your empty keg and put that into the settings, and then when you place that keg, filled with beer, on the scale, it tells you how many fluid ounces are left. Its accuracy is affected by things like the accuracy of your FG density you enter in, and whether or not you have parasitic type weight on there from other beer lines, CO2 lines pushing down, etc. This one was easier to check the accuracy, so I did a trial and found it to be within 0.4 ounces (with the caveat that the liquid measuring pitcher I was using certainly wasn't a calibrated/certified volume device).

Links below to my reviews of both devices. In the end, I have Plaato scales in my keezer, and I love them. They are Wifi, not Bluetooth, so I can see my beer list when I'm out and about away from home, and they seem less invasive to me since they just sit under my kegs instead of having to splice in a rectangular box into my beer lines.

Plaato Keg Scale Link

Kegtron Volume Tracking Link

@bracconiere I went back into my review notes to check what I had trialed. It looks like I didn't do a volume accuracy trial per se. The problem I had in thinking through an experiment like that is you have to have an accurate starting volume. The App measured # of drinks left (you define how many ounces a "drink" was). It reliably counted down and when I was around 1 drink left, or at 0 left, foam spitting was imminent. So generally speaking the accuracy was good, and definitely adequate for estimating how many beers you have left before you're empty. But this is totally reliant on you knowing exactly how much beer you put in there to start with. And there's a lot of error there. You can use volume markings on your fermentor, and then guesstimate how much is left at the bottom if you have a lot of trub. But again, when it said 1 beer left or 0 beers left, I was on empty.

Another system I trialed was the Plaato Keg Management system. They use WiFi transmitting scales. For this one, you weigh your empty keg and put that into the settings, and then when you place that keg, filled with beer, on the scale, it tells you how many fluid ounces are left. Its accuracy is affected by things like the accuracy of your FG density you enter in, and whether or not you have parasitic type weight on there from other beer lines, CO2 lines pushing down, etc. This one was easier to check the accuracy, so I did a trial and found it to be within 0.4 ounces (with the caveat that the liquid measuring pitcher I was using certainly wasn't a calibrated/certified volume device).

Links below to my reviews of both devices. In the end, I have Plaato scales in my keezer, and I love them. They are Wifi, not Bluetooth, so I can see my beer list when I'm out and about away from home, and they seem less invasive to me since they just sit under my kegs instead of having to splice in a rectangular box into my beer lines.

Plaato Keg Scale Link

Kegtron Volume Tracking Link

thank you for the response! :mug:

for me this is about calorie counting. i always try and have at least one back up keg for when it kicks....but when my measurments were just guess and i was off by 3ozs a pour, i ended up gaining 30lbs, which, took me 3 years to lose slowly, but still. having to use a race track ticker, and graduated glass is kinda a hassle. it would be awesome if they had something like that accurate to an ounce. and $150 is the price point i'd want!

edit: i could get a few of my $25 scales that are accurate to 0.1oz...but i keep my kegs in a fridge and....wait a second!!!! thanks, i saw someone else that took a sawzall to the freezer portion and cut the bottom out! you're a life saver! ;) another one for the road ahead :mug:

Back