Soft n Juicy IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srob18

Reaction score
This is my take on The Mad Fermentist Soft and Juicy IPA . Something about this beer looked so good to me and i love Boddingtons beer so the idea of using that yeast in an ipa sounded great to me.

My recipe did slightly vary from his original take, but overall i think the beer should turn out great.

Grain Bill:

6lb American 2 Row
80z American White Wheat
5oz CaraPils
3oz Acidulated Malt
3.2oz Oats(Flaked)
8oz Cane Sugar(i added this due to my taste)

Hops:

1oz Citra 60 Min
1oz Citra 30min
1oz Citra Flameout
1oz Galaxy Flameout

Dry hop(after primary fermentation ends):

2oz Galaxy

Notes:

Brewed 11/21/15

People weren't kidding about this Wyeast strain, blowoff tube is a must!
Yeast fermenting at 68 degrees F. Fermentation smells throughout my apartment are of ripe mangos(which I hope get put into the beer).

Will updated after bottling and with my first few taste tests. Cheers!

Thanks for sharing, it looks like an interesting recipe. I like Michael's stuff, so am sure his recipe is good. Its interesting that the only late addition hops are at flameout - generally, when I do an IPA, I start throwing the hops in at 15 minutes and don't stop until we're done, generally at 15, 10, 5, and 1 or flameout. Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

I moved this from the recipe database to the recipe/ingredients forum. The recipe is for tried and true recipes - after you've made this recipe a few times and have tweaked it to where you like it, please do add it to the database again. For now, here in the recipe forum, people will be able to comment on it and you can update us on how it turns out!

Again, thanks for sharing this!

Kegged this yesterday, will post a pic with tasting notes soon

How did this come out?

My fridge died right after i kegged this so i haven't been able to drink it yet, but the early taste tests were really promising. Very fruity, smooth and citrusy.

Back