So You HomeBrew-Are You A Nerd?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So You Home Brew-Are You A Nerd?

• Yes, I HomeBrew and I am a Nerd

• No, I HomeBrew but it's just because I like good beer

• I don't know, I'm sorta Geeky and can't tell

• I say no, but others think so

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just wanted to let HBTers label themselves, if they cared to.

I just like good beer. FWIW, I took the test honestly....

7e394a278dd4a509.gif

Well, I want to get my left arm tattooed with a full sleeve...completely Star Wars. Is that nerd enough for you?

eight years of higer education and counting.... not to mention the small library of RPG books in my office.... I'd say I was a nerd

tallymonster said:
Well, I want to get my left arm tattooed with a full sleeve...completely Star Wars. Is that nerd enough for you?

That depends. If your tattoo consists of main characters then no, it's just liking a movie series a lot. If, however, you start adding in characters like Morrigan Corde or if you include both a Storm Trooper AND a Sand Trooper (and know the difference) then I'd say you're a nerd.

Kevin Dean said:
That depends. If your tattoo consists of main characters then no, it's just liking a movie series a lot. If, however, you start adding in characters like Morrigan Corde or if you include both a Storm Trooper AND a Sand Trooper (and know the difference) then I'd say you're a nerd.
If it has Jar-Jar you're in trouble!:D

Kevin Dean said:

I wanted the battle of Endor to be the center of the piece. Episode 6 was my favorite when I was a kid, and I always liked the Ewoks battling the AT-ST with logs and ropes. Then all around it I wanted to have different characters, vehicles and movie scenes. I even wanted to add a couple characters from the expanded universe (everything that happened outside of the 6 movies, before and after).

And NO Jar-Jar binks anywhere.

talleymonster said:
I wanted the battle of Endor to be the center of the piece. Episode 6 was my favorite when I was a kid, and I always liked the Ewoks battling the AT-ST with logs and ropes. Then all around it I wanted to have different characters, vehicles and movie scenes. I even wanted to add a couple characters from the expanded universe (everything that happened outside of the 6 movies, before and after).

And NO Jar-Jar binks anywhere.

"You just might be a nerd". :D

I have a question for all of you self proclamed computer nerds. Have any of you ever heard of IEDefender and know how to remove it from Vista? I was given a link to a 411.spyware, but its directions dont jibe with Vista. Thanks for any help.

trainfever said:
I have a question for all of you self proclamed computer nerds. Have any of you ever heard of IEDefender and know how to remove it from Vista? I was given a link to a 411.spyware, but its directions dont jibe with Vista. Thanks for any help.
I'm assuming you gave this page of instructions a shot as well?

Sorry, I am a Microsoft SysAdmin, but I have yet to work on a Vista machine, and personally I bought a Mac over a year ago for my own computer:D . Not to be so smug, but I have only had one problem with my MacBook and that was a faulty drive, not software related.

Overall, you scored as follows:

91% scored higher (more nerdy),
1% scored the same, and
8% scored lower (less nerdy).

What does this mean? Your nerdiness is:

Definitely not nerdy, you are probably cool.

Maybe that's why my beer sucks

Just kidding:ban:

ma2brew said:
I'm assuming you gave this page of instructions a shot as well?

Sorry, I am a Microsoft SysAdmin, but I have yet to work on a Vista machine, and personally I bought a Mac over a year ago for my own computer:D . Not to be so smug, but I have only had one problem with my MacBook and that was a faulty drive, not software related.

Yes, I tried bleeping computer and after I went through the whole scan, it said that it doesnt have a fix for Vista yet.

trainfever said:
Yes, I tried bleeping computer and after I went through the whole scan, it said that it doesnt have a fix for Vista yet.
Alrighty then. Have you tried restoring the machine to a date before it got infected?

ma2brew said:
Alrighty then. Have you tried restoring the machine to a date before it got infected?

No, thats the problem. This is a farly new laptop and I never got around to doing a backup. :(

Ma2brew:
I found a site that said to restore Internet Explorer, which I did. That seemed to work so far, thanks for the help.

zombie thread... I think brewing sort of draws nerds, there are definitely a disproportionate number of IT guys in brewing than the general population.

Lotta engineers at my company brew as well.

I don't really think I'm a nerd, but someone, somewhere probably does.

My wife calls me a geek, but I think I am uber cool :)

At least that's how I voted, but deep down inside I know I am a geek

Physician, former chemist, office backup IT guy, musician, but also former varsity and frat guy. Guess I'm just mixed up.
B].  What are you

Yeah, that worked well.

That nerd test is awesome! Apparently I'm an Uber Cool High Nerd (although I haven't touched that stuff in almost a decade)! :fro:

There are three engineers (myself included) in my direct working group that are homebrewers. Plenty more that work in the same company. And quite a few of the homebrewers in our club work at the National Lab. There is definitely a link between the "nerds" and homebrewing! :mug:

Heh...

12% scored higher (more nerdy),
1% scored the same, and
87% scored lower (less nerdy).

What does this mean? Your nerdiness is:
High-Level Nerd. You are definitely MIT material, apply now!!!.

I thought brewing offset the geek factor, but it only contributes! :rockin:

Back