Fuzzled in Florida.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The__Brit

Reaction score
Yea yes, I know..
You find a word that means "drunk" that starts with an F then!
Had a Homebrew kit for a few years but never really looked at it. Its an 'Oktoberfest' kit. Need to look at it closer.
But it was bought for my by an ex (who wasnt at the time) along with 24 beer bottled, caps and the lid squishy-on-tool.
Happened across a Blonde Beer Kit in a goodwill and snagged it for $11.
Finally got my butt in gear and cracked it open Saturday.
I like cooking and baking, so Brewing seems like a logical step. I love the science behind it all too, Alton Brown is my cooking hero!

Anyway. After working on the first 1Gallon kit (which i intend to post on the YouTube) I realized 2 things....
1: a 2 gallon boiler pot isnt big enough.
B: when straining the Mash there is a difference between too much filtering, and not enough.... and thats the sweet spot.
Aside from a fondness for Ale's (mostly european flavors), Im also a computer nerd, model maker, a sarcastic prick, and part time Streamer on Twitch.

HI!! * waves like an idiot *

Well, I guess, welcome to the HBT family!

I like Alton Brown too and love watching his old and slightly new episodes.

There's a lot to learn in the brewing process. Keep good notes, good and bad and try to get better with the next batch. I too love the history of beer making, probably as much as the brewing part. I've got a ten gallon batch of Kolsch on the fermenter now.

Academy Awards Film GIF by CBS

Welcome to the community!

Back