So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i want to do redo the IPA i just bottled...lol. only been in bottle a week, so haven't even tried finished product but i liked it pretty good, now want to change the dry hop additions already to see...sigh, this hobby.

and...i have the weekend free at the moment.

Brewing a Dark Mild tomorrow. Going heavy on Marris Otter and useing West Yorkshire yeast. Very exctited to have this one ready for the start of the EPL season and having a session brew to drink while I watch the Gunners on those weekend mornings.

Brewing 11g of my Witch Hunter Light (1.070, down from 1.104) porter right now. Just hitting boil. Using my new arborfab.com hop basket, so happy I could just pee. Two gallon jug starters of WLP007 waiting and ready . . .

Edit: hit the numbers perfectly, going to chill and ferment in the kettle and call it a day. Next stop: Orval

Just finished a wheat beer. Brewed it BIAB + dunk sparge/squeeze in my DIY plastic electric wort boiler.

7lbs Wheat
4lbs Pilsner

Mash at 153F for 90 minutes (up to this point it's Edwort's Bavarian Hefeweizen recipe but...)

1oz wild Cluster(?) hops I found growing locally last September for 60 minutes

Pitch rehydrated Danstar Munich Wheat Beer yeast.

I did this recipe this past spring. My wife and I killed the batch in short order. Here's hoping my second attempt turns out well.

Brewed another Pliny clone after work today. Doubled the FWH and added 1.5oz super fresh, whole cone cascade at 10.
Looked good going into the fermentor...
Side by side comparison of my first clone with a Pliny bottled 7-2-15 tomorrow...

Strike water is nearly at temp for my saison. Very excited about this as my first one was so damn good!

Brewed an APA today. 11# pale malt, 1# carared, 1#carapils. One ounce of Willamette 7.7 at each hop addition (60, 15, 10, 5, 0). Got a 14°P. Good day.

I made a 11 gallon ale and cearl mashed nearly 5 lbs of rice. Did the best I could to produce a Budweiser but used us-05. I think it will turn out alright.

Our second beer, Sierra Nevada PA clone on Friday. It is the Blue Full Moon, also Lammas, gonna like making a label for this one. It will be a good companion for my Walking On The Moon graf, started on 20th of July.

Got a busy one Saturday: brewing a Pliny the Elder clone, Jamil's chocolate hazelnut porter, and an American amber.

After almost two months, I will be brewing again this Saturday. Doing a double batch for a cherry brett and a saison, using two different Giga yeasts which are new to me. Looking forward to getting back to brewing!

Carrot ginger saison on saturday. Should be fun. I've been doing trippels, barley wines and RISs for the past month, now for something I won't have to wait until next winter to drink

Brewed another quad yesterday with Chimay yeast. OG 1.16(still need to add my dark candi syrup:eek:), so we'll see how it turns out. Sitting at 66F and about to blow the lid off the bucket!

Brewed another quad yesterday with Chimay yeast. OG 1.16(still need to add my dark candi syrup:eek:), so we'll see how it turns out. Sitting at 66F and about to blow the lid off the bucket!

Just came from work to this:
IMG_20150730_140633_367_zpsyyg8ofmy.jpg

This guy this guy man im so excited its been far far too long a few months ide say. 2 row dark munich some carapils and hopped with colombus chinook and citra and fermebted with us-05

I'm happy to say my first jump back into brewing since 2011 is tomorrow. I'm starting simple with a coopers lager kit; can't wait to get back into all-grain batches in a few months when I've restocked my supplies.

Cheers!

Okay, wasn't sure I would get this done this weekend, but I got the ingredients today and will brew tomorrow. It's an American Ale with all Citra hops and Mt. Ranier cherries. Hope it's as good as I think it will be! Firing it up tomorrow morning.

Brewing an ESB using BIAB today. Using EKG and Fuggle hops for flavor and aroma, and Magnum for bittering, putting the IBUs just under the maximum for the style.

Back