So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first non extract batch using my Brew Boss. I decided to do a ten gallon batch of a simple Saison and split it into two five gallon batches using different yeasts, Danstar Belle Saison and Wyeast 1792.

This is also the first beer I've designed myself.

Let's see where this goes.

I'm brewing another batch of Hiphopapocalypse IPA this morning. Its 72F in the brew room today and so much more comfortable than when it was 95F a few weeks ago.

8-8-15_sml.jpg

17 gallons of ris today. Strike water lit at 5am. Had to split the batch up since my mash tun wont hold 65lbs of grain. Maxed it out with 32.5lbs and 12 gallons of water. :DView attachment 295112View attachment 295113

I'd just like to say "Holy crap!". Is that set-up stable?! The bench looks solid, but the burner and keg look kinda precarious. And dat's a buncha grain!

I'd just like to say "Holy crap!". Is that set-up stable?! The bench looks solid, but the burner and keg look kinda precarious. And dat's a buncha grain!

Haha its pretty dang stable. Burner is about 40 lbs on its own, plus the weight of the keggle and 12 gallons of water. It wasn't going anywhere

Dang!

THAT's a brew day...

Its been a long one though. About to chill the second batch and head to tallgrass taphouse! :D

Doing a centennial/columbus session ipa on sunday. Just made the starter! Now about to cut a new hole in my keezer for a new tap!

Getting my grain bill together for an English brown ale (northern), but using US hops and yeast.

Back to back Brew Night with the neighbor and 2 very understanding wifes!
Last night APA with Hershbrucker and Mosaic,Tonight APA with Cent/Glacier/Summit.

10 gallons of Hoegaarden clone.

5 for a party, 5 for me.

Grains were milled last night, Burner gets fired up in 4 1/2 hours.

Not brewing, but follow up:

Racked to secondary (I know, I know), coriander in the 5 for the party, coriander and about 10 black peppercorns in the 5 for me.

Next Saturday is kegging, then the Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Swap Meet at the White Rose Motorcycle Club in Jefferson, PA.

I love Fresh Squeezed and brewed the recipe recently published in Zymurgy. Come on Deschutes, move to NC!

Brewed up a batch of Strong Scotch Ale but it won't be ready for 3 months. :(

Now I need to brew something else to take care of the lag time. :D

Getting my grain bill together for an English brown ale (northern), but using US hops and yeast.

Not the smoothest start to a brew day but no major issues yet. Woke up late and had to clean the kitchen (my son and his friends raided the fridge late) before starting. No big whoop...

Sweated it out. It's 101 here and I have 5g of a Helles cooling down to below pitching temp as we speak. Glad I got it done and even more glad it's over.

Brewed my 5th extract kit yesterday, a belgian dubble style "la petite orange" from Northern Brewer. Added the zest of 2 oranges and a tbsp of coriander at the end. Yeast was WL P500 trappist yeast that I harvested from the primary bucket when I brewed the trippel kit 2 weeks ago...

Not the smoothest brew day but got 5.5 gallons of a good looking and tasting brown ale. Missed OG low by 5 points but it should still be 5%+ abv. Excited for this one as it's my first brown ale in a year!

Brewing two different Saisons this weekend. Slightly different grain bills but similar, different hops, different yeast, but mainly different strength. 7.5°P and 14°P with both finishing <=1°P

Just picked up the ingredients for a 6 g AG batch of Back in Black IPA @ my LHBS. I'll brew Sunday. Also picked up the ingredients for a Ninkasi True Believer Double Red for next week.

I am going to try my first AG brew, going to BIAB, and will be picking up ingredients on Friday for the Wild Strawberry Blonde by WildGingerBrewing. My wife and sister are pretty excited about this one and are looking around for good deals on fresh strawberry.

I want to brew again so badly but we are closing on a house in the next week or two...don't really feel like messing around with fermenters etc while moving...oh well.

A week or two? You have plenty of time to make up a small beer. Something light like a cream ale, mild, or a lawnmower beer should be fermentable in that amount of time.

I plan on brewing up NBs Smashing Pumpkin Ale. Earliest I've ever brewed the recipe, made it the last two years. I know it really hits it's prime after a few months so this should be great around Halloween and Thanksgiving.

A week or two? You have plenty of time to make up a small beer. Something light like a cream ale, mild, or a lawnmower beer should be fermentable in that amount of time.

Yeah, true. I guess I could come up with something outside the norm (IPA) haha!

If my brew bag comes in (bag for mash in a cooler) and my order of ingredients from Austin Homebrew comes in by this weekend then I will. It'll be my first BIAB/mash in a cooler brew, making a belgian wit clone of Wahoo White.

The bag was supposed to be in last Friday, but decided it needed to take a mini-vacay to San Diego....8 hours away from where I live.

Brewing a Scottish 80 schilling this weekend. Hopefully going to be getting a nice early start. I've never had this style before, only a scotch ale which really isn't too similar, but I am excited.

Back