So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Munich Helles tomorrow. My first real lager where I supposedly know what I'm doing. Although my German Pilsner, the second all-grain I ever did, turned out just fine. and the Baltic Porter at 60 degrees with lager yeast's only problem was lack of body.

Gonna attempt my second AG brew, a Scotch ale that uses 18#'s of grain (kit from Morebeer.com!)! Hope I can do it right...

Just a heads up watch your mash temperature. Also I would mix water grain stir, water grain stir etc till the top of mash tun. That much grain has more potential for stuck sparge and you don't want that.

Brewing my first ever AG batch!

I just started brewing in the spring, extracts with or without steeping grains for the most part, but my first BIAB mini-mash is carbonating and conditioning at the moment.

I liked the BIAB process so much I decided to go AG.

With my 5 gallon brewpot, that limits me to about a 3 gallon batch without adding any extract, but AG, here I come.

For the record, it's going to be (yet another) a Hefeweizen

I'm about to attempt my first biab. A hoppy IPA. Going one gallon on this one. If I like it. Ill go 3 on it next time.

Any of you more experienced guys think you can tell, by eye, how much of my lost grain is 2 Row, how much is cara-pils, how much is crystal 60L, etc. so I can recalculate my volumes and efficiency? (obviously not a real question)

image-198526920.jpg

After bottling 14 gallons and building a new immersion chiller last weekend, and brewing 5.5 gallons yesterday, I'm glad the only beer related activity I'm doing for the next two weeks is called "drinking".

Brewed AHS's Budget IPA (partial mash)... Came in too low on OG possibly due to volume. Their crush was pretty bad too. I looked at the spent grain and found a ton of whole grains.

We'll see how it turns out in a few weeks...

I'm pitching Wyeast Thames Valley in a half-hour. Then, I'll be unleashed in the yeast (bad joke, but I've been listening to a lot of Judas Priest lately; mind you, Painkiller is about ten years, and two drummers, off of Unleashed).

Anyway, I've brewed my first original recipe, 5-gallon batch. It is extremely high in gravity, and I'll probably hate it.

I brewed an extract barleywine this morning and I'm going to brew a Citra IPA on monday. I work in a restaurant and don't work mondays so I consider that part of the weekend.

In the throws of a 60 min boil of Imperial Stout. Will be bottling my Deadringer Ale tonight....sleep good after that!

Damn. SWMBO just put the kibosh on brewing today... Was all set to do a AG Scotch ale but I have a couple of more opportunities in the future. It is what it is, I guess...

I didn't brew, but I racked my honey ale (1.044 OG) to secondary on top of 2.5lbs of frozen strawberries on Friday. The air lock went crazy over the weekend. I measured a 1.005 on Friday before adding the fruit. Today it's already back down to 1.004 with nothing happening in the airlock. Time to rack to tertiary for clearing

Bottled 4.7 gal of Augustiner Lagerbier, my first lager, dry hopped with saaz and citra. Hydrometer sample tastes great.

Brewed a house pale this Sunday and it is happily bubbling in my new conical R2D2. That makes me happy. Used my new 10gal kettle and had my 1st boil over during hot break and lost some bittering hops cause I got cocky due to my new bigger kettle. That made me sad. Threw in some more hops, happy again.

Going to bottle up 4 beers this week - Saison, saison w/spricots, strawberry blonde and my cream ale. This weekend I'm going to brew up an Aletoberfest.

Back