So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got some Pale Ale Wort chilling as we speak. Though my "weekend" tends to be Mondays and Tuesdays rather than the regular weekend days.

Just bought the stuff for Thunderstruck pumpkin and a wild pecan porter, last week I got a Lemon lime hefeweizen bottled, and I have to bottle a Centennial and Nut brown, have to replenish the stockpile!

46binder said:
Just bought the stuff for Thunderstruck pumpkin and a wild pecan porter, last week I got a Lemon lime hefeweizen bottled, and I have to bottle a Centennial and Nut brown, have to replenish the stockpile!

Woo hoo!!!! Wild Pecan Porter! My best beer. Make it!!!!!! And report back! Hahaha

DerrangedPOJO said:
Going to brew a belgian witbier tomorrow morning. Getting up at 6 am so i do not piss swmbo off!! LOL which is a task all in its self!

Thank God I'm not the only one in that boat.

Not brewing this weekend but I am buying grains for my next 3 brew days and bottling my English pale ale.

Bottled my white ipa yesterday, bottling strawberry blonde right now, and hopefully brewing my bros chile beer tomorrow. We'll see if I have it in me to brew before vacation!

Its painfull not to post on this thread for awhile as my vanilla/ginger metheglin sits in my only main bigger-(3 gal) carboy for the 3rd month. But I like to summer break as temps are too high to brew anyway. Next month I may do a (thinkin-blueberry) melomel I think-then Ill brew a little in the winter (still have a nice ageing pipeline),but am really jonesing to make a small batch of my first JAOM also in the meantime. Been seeking out meads and wines more latley trying to broaden my narrow minded craft beer obsession a bit.

I'm brewing my pumpkin ale this weekend...

Brew Method: Partial Mash
Batch Size: 5 gallons (fermentor volume)
Boil Size: 3 gallons
Boil Gravity: 1.037
Est. Efficiency: 67% (brew house)

ESTIMATED STATS:
Original Gravity: 1.065
Final Gravity: 1.018
ABV (standard): 6.11%
IBU (rager): 18.47
SRM (morey): 11.06

FERMENTABLES:
4 lb - Dry Malt Extract - Light - (late addition) (42.1%)
3 lb - American - Pale 2-Row (31.6%)
1 lb - Brown Sugar - (late addition) (10.5%)
8 oz - American - Caramel / Crystal 60L (5.3%)
8 oz - American - Special Roast (5.3%)
8 oz - American - White Wheat (5.3%)

HOPS:
1 oz - Domestic Hallertau, Type: Pellet, AA: 4, Use: Boil for 60 min, IBU: 18.47

OTHER INGREDIENTS:
2 tsp - Pumpkin Spice, Time: 5 min, Type: Spice, Use: Boil
0.5 tsp - Cinnamon, Time: 5 min, Type: Spice, Use: Boil
58 oz - Libby's Pumpkin, Time: 60 min, Type: Flavor, Use: Boil
1 each - Whirlfloc, Time: 10 min, Type: Other, Use: Boil

YEAST:
2 Pacages - Fermentis / Safale - Safale - American Ale Yeast US-05

PRIMING:
Method: Corn Sugar
Amount: 3.75 oz

Damnit! My bourbon barrel porter kit from NB wont be here til Monday! I guess the oak cubes will just have to soak a little longer...darn :)

I'm brewing my Cascade Smash, not sure what day, hoping to start the starter tonight, or tomorrow morning, depends on when my washed yeast comes to room temperature. So probably brewing on Friday.

Got my good bud coming over on Saturday to smoke a couple of pounds of MO with some hickory on the grill, then brewing up a hickory smoked nut brown ale. Experimenting is great!

Thought I was doing a strawberry/rhubarb ale and a pumpkin ale but Northern is having some kind of issue in their grain room and won't get me my stuff till next week. :I

I'm brewing an all mosaic IPA adapted from BCS. Trying out the San Diego super yeast for the first time. My starter smells great. Have really high hopes for this beer. I have been obsessed with theses hops for a while now.

We'll be carmelizing lactose and racking a stout onto it and some vanilla beans for the finishing touches on a crème brulee stout.
We'll also be racking (and sampling) a wildflower mead that has been sitting for four months.

We'll be carmelizing lactose and racking a stout onto it and some vanilla beans for the finishing touches on a crème brulee stout.
We'll also be racking (and sampling) a wildflower mead that has been sitting for four months.

Would you happen to have that recipe handy?? Wife loves the Creme brulee from southern tier.

Denny Conn's Wry Smile Rye IPA. Will be second time. Yeast is the key, have a 2L starter of Denny's favorite 50 (wyeast 1450) going now.

First time my efficiency sucked and hit 1.066 vs 1.080 but it was a great beer nonetheless.

I'm brewing a Biere De Garde at my buddies house. He's gonna brew the extract version of SD-SLIM's Lemon Lime Hefeweizen.

I'm not brewing this weekend, though I am bottling a Nut Brown and a British Bitter from Northern Brewer.

Picking up the pumpkin tonight to get ready for tomorrow's brew day of Pumpkin Ale!

This is the end of my weekend so today I brewed up what will be a cherry ale. OG:1.050 I will add the cherries when the fermentation starts to die down.

I have 5 gallons of Texas Red that needs to be bottled and then I have the AHS Bonus Pale ale that came in the mail today that I will be brewing this weekend.

I hate to say it but it's time to start brewing my fall beers so I went out and got everything I need for my second attempt at an Oktoberfest. Looking to brew on Sunday as long as the weather is good; it might be a fall beer but I refuse to brew inside at this point. Brewing the Oktobourbon recipe from this thread https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f59/oktobourbon-204450/ minus the wood aging and using WLP838 because I will be racking off a Munich Dunkel on brew day.

Just mashed in on a Racer 5 clone. Wife & baby just left for the weekend, I miss them already but woohoo! Brew on!

I just mashed in my grains and 60oz of pumpkin for my Pumpkin Ale. I'll get some pics when draining the first runnings!

I'm being forced to take a day off next Tuesday, so I'm going to brew 10 gallons of Robust Porter (yep, getting ready for fall). Once it's all done fermenting I'll keg half of it and put the other half in secondary with some pumpkin pie spices in hopes of getting a pumpkin porter without the mess of pumpkin. I considered doing it the right way by putting pumpkin in the mash but I don't want 10 gallons of pumpkin beer either, hell 5 gallons is probably too much.

I'm not brewing this weekend because I'll be judging the NM State Fair Homebrew Competition

I wanted to brew a hefeweizen with a pack of Weihenstephaner hefe yeast in my fridge, but I haven't had time to make a starter, so I don't think I'll be brewing that one this weekend. Maybe I'll brew a schwarzbier. Liquid Schwarz!

Last weekend I tried my first non-kit recipe. I'm trying the Westmalle Tripel clone from the Brew Your Own's 250 Classic Clones recipe book.

I'm going to go back to a kit for my next brew though - I've been growing Cascade hops, this is the third year growing and the first year they've produced. I'm going to go relatively simple and use the Brewer's Best American Pale Ale kit but replace the 1oz of aroma hops with 5oz of fresh when they're ready to harvest. I figured if I'm changing Hops out from pellet to fresh I'd stick with a known kit. Whatever I don't use in the brew I'll dry and freeze and when I determine how they worked with the APA kit, I'll get more adventurous about using them in a non-kit recipe.

Back