So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AG SNPA clone. Outdoors, in 90 degree heat. Which should keep my kids from distracting me...

Started the starter last evening - who says I'm not trainable?!?!?!

"Heathen IIPA" imperial IPA with Chinook (60 min), Cluster (30 min) and Cascade (0 Min) American med toast oak chips and a couple of secret ingredients :fro:

I'm brewing the Punkin' Ale recipe by Reno_eNVy. Very exited about this one and it will be my fifth batch so far.

Taking a Homebrew class in Suburban Philadelphia this Sunday. I've brewed my first two batches so I am ready with tons of questions for them.

Planning a split batch of saison for tomorrow (based on the Cottage House Saison recipe), using 3711 and Ommegang house yeast.

Starters are cold crashing as we speak, going to pick up grain this afternoon after work.

Hoping to make a Seven Seas (7C's) Pale Ale tomorrow, if it's not too hot outside, and i can start early enough so i'm not stuck in the dead mid afternoon heat.

I just got done having a very successful brew day!! Brewed 5 gallons of NB's All Grain Amber Ale. SG of 1.037, OG of 1.047 (hit my OG), pitched the yeast and now it's their turn to do the work!

I used my new refractometer for the first time today to figure out the SG and OG. I then checked the gravity with my Hydrometer and it was off by a good 13 points, even after temp correction. Which one is more reliable? According to the refractometer I hit my OG of 1.047, but the hydrometer was reading 1.059 after the temp correction.

I'm leaning towards the refractometer.

I'm probably going to brew something on Sunday, just not quite sure yet what that will be. The hops I have on hand are leaning to an IPA, so I might go that rout.

Green Flash West Coast IPA.... Crazy hop schedule that I'm bound to alter as I go, but not on purpose.

Green Flash West Coast IPA.... Crazy hop schedule that I'm bound to alter as I go, but not on purpose.

Loved when I brewed the clone from here. I added a lb of sugar at 15min to help it dry out a little. It did not last long

I've got bottling duty tonigh, about 6.5 gallons of cider. Mostly 12oz bottles too. Won't even get started sanitizing until 10:30pm.

English Brown BIAB mashing as we speak. Tomorrow morning I am assisting my LHBS owner with some brewing chores. Unfortunately, he starts friggin' early in the am! :drunk:

Here ya go...dirty carboys,

ForumRunner_20130719_220156.png

Washed yeast,

ForumRunner_20130719_220214.png

And cases of formerly empty bottles now full of beery goodness!

ForumRunner_20130719_220229.png

Tomorrow afternoon will be my second batch of Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde. It's so friggin hot here, it just hits the spot!

I've got my water baths clogged up with various meads now (some @ 2.5 weeks in primary and still bubbling like crazy!), or else I'd also throw down a batch of my Simcoe/Cascade IIPA. Guess that'll have to wait for next weekend.

Its still 85 degrees outside. Its just after midnight. I have 17 minutes left on this boil of my Oktoberfest. I got Corrosion of Conformity's Vote with a Bullet rocking on the radio. I'm drinking some kick ass Ipa. Can't get any better!

Brewing a Thai spiced wit beer today. Should be a good day. SWMBO is out with one her friends so it's just me and the pets today. Water is heating up and the Turnpike Troubadours are on the stereo. Here's to a good brewday, everybody :mug:

Brewed with a master this morning -- my LHBS owner at his shop (mostly I was observing and mildly assisting in exchange for the learning opportunity). Brewed a 10 gal batch of a Pliny the Elder clone. Holy crap, what a load of hops! And there is still the 2 dry hop additions looming!!! Learned a number of great tips and tricks.

A great big thanks to Roberto and Jade at Hoptech in Dublin, CA for letting me hang this morning!

Brewed the following this weekend:

Friday - Norther Brewer Surly Cynic all grain kit

Saturday ... 9 hour brew day...

Northern Brewer German Alt all grain kit
Northern Brewer Belgian Trippel all grain kit

I'm beat.

Probably another late night bottling session tonight. 5 gallons of hazelnut stout and 4.5 gallons of Motueka amber.

I'd start now but it's 101F today and I'm sweating just from digging out the empties.

Just put together a simple hefeweizen while on TDY in Port Hueneme.

I had forgotten how easy extract brewing was.

I had a Double Red planned but upgrading my HLT & BK for whirl pooling and recirc cooing w/ my CFC was delayed so I'll work on my ferm
Chamber finishing details & new lager chamber.
I'll brew Wednesday.

Back