So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to brew a pils and a stout tomorrow if weather is not too hot. Forecast to be 107 in Houston. I don't have a wort chiller. I use an ice bath to cool down my wort. Could be worse, could be in the carolina's.

Doing the NB 115th Dream Hopbursted IIPA kit and bottling my Gumball Head clone. I'm using the 1272 yeast from the Gumball Head clone in the IIPA. I was just going to dump the IIPA onto the yeast cake but decided to wash it before using instead.

Doing a Crowberry (empetrum) wine today.

The family went picking a couple of days ago and we gathered around 200 lbs of Crowberries so I can make a few batches :D

Just fired up burner for my esb
Trying to add 1 lb of brown sugar to recipe what do u guys think

1 lb crystal 75
.5lb crystal 40
5 lbs x pale xtract
1 lb amber extract
1 lb brown sugar
1 oz northdown 60 min
1 oz fuggles 15 min

What do u guys think will brown sugar make it too watery???

got abot 2hrs to decide to dump it in

I love brew day!!!

I'm nursing a starter of Wyeast Weihenstephan 3068 so I can bust out some of EdWort's Bavarian Hefeweizen on Sunday, 5.5 gallon batch. My empty keg needs company! Come on, banana and clove!

Anyone brewing in the STL area? I had to evacuate an airplane here in prep for Irene. If anyone wants some help let me know!

Centennial Blonde extract brew to get back into brewing after a 5 month hiatus. :ban:

Sister's fiance is going to brew a cream ale here at the same time.

Forddog said:
What do u guys think will brown sugar make it too watery???

No it won't make it more watery. Only water will do that.

It will boost your OG and alcohol content without much body.

Looks good to me.

don't have time to brew this weekend. i do need to bottle my pumpkin porter later today, though. :mug:

sidboswell said:
No it won't make it more watery. Only water will do that.

It will boost your OG and alcohol content without much body.

Looks good to me.

I just didn't want too little on the mouthfeel thanks guys

I'm also planning to live tweet my brew day with pics if any one is interested (@Tom_Ayers). Especially those of you who can't brew this weekend or are stuck dealing with the hurricane, maybe I can provide some occasional brewing entertainment.

Cheers!

Brewing a pumpkin ale tomorrow...my second all-grain batch...a variation of the extract version from last year that turned out pretty solid. A few tweaks...should be a fun day!!

Brewed a Saison today, and tomorrow a Belgian with homemade "syrup".
It's gonna be interesting to see how much color the syrup will add.

The syrup making was interesting, and the brew itself turned more or less into a tripel.
I'm a bit scared of it blowing the bucket so I made a pre-emptive strike and just put the lid on top without "clicking it".

I was gonna brew sat but when I noticed A 20 acre wild fire headed towards my house about a 1/4 click away had to change my plans

Just cleaned up from brewing my Sunset Sipper, a pale ale with Citra hops and WLP568. Was a little more efficient than usual, finished up before it was too hot here, reaching
98* today.

Just mashed in on a batch of Bier Muncher's Centennial Blonde. I'm trying out the No-Chill process to see how it does on a lighter style. I also subbed pilsner malt for the 2-row (LHBS was out of 2-row).

just made my starter for brewing this friday. going to brew my Ugly Sweater Ale for our annual x-mas party. First year i'm doing it AG, so I have high hopes!

Gonna do 3 batches this weekend. I was going to bang them all out on Saturday but I think I might do one on Friday evening after work just so I can enjoy it a little more. Gonna do a Cream Ale, an ESB, and a Pumpkin Ale. Hosting a beer tasting dinner for family and friends in October!

danorocks17 said:
just made my starter for brewing this friday. going to brew my Ugly Sweater Ale for our annual x-mas party. First year i'm doing it AG, so I have high hopes!

Ugly Sweater Ale. That's an awesome name. Congrats on the all grain brew. Hopefully you will get better malt flavors and attenuation.

I'm a noob so I have 2 kits to choose from this weekend: MW Noble Trappist Ale or Oatmeal Stout. I'm wondering about doing the Oatmeal Stout and adding coffee.

Ugly Sweater Ale. That's an awesome name. Congrats on the all grain brew. Hopefully you will get better malt flavors and attenuation.

Thanks Jeep. got the name cuz the party is any ugly sweater party hahahaha. Last year was the only year I didn't really like the brew, I think i used too much cinnamon and ginger. Using some Golden Promise as my base because the recipe is like a spiced scottish ale. Also got a new thermometer, so i'm anxious to test it out!

stopping by the homebrew shop sometime in the next day or two to get stuff to brew an oktoberfest on labor day monday. :mug:

I think I'll be doing a pumpkin beer and bottling a hefe over the weekend. Was going to do a double ipa but I'm itching to do pumpkin, I've never seen a pumpkin beer in the UK but I loved them while living in upstate ny in 2007/8

I wish I could brew this weekend, but my fermentation freezer only has room for a single primary at a time. I should really swap it for a chest style that would fit 2-3.

Bottled up 4g strong scotch ale, transferred another 6.5 to scotch soaked oak, and bottled 3/4g American Barleywine.

Bottling my IPA Friday, cooking up a Scottish caramel ale hopefully that night (might skip the bottling and just brew the ale first)

Back