So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Attempted Dude's Lakewalk pale ale yesterday, with yet again the wrong hops....LHBS, please restock! Fun brewday anyway, and it's bubblin' away next to last week's! Kyle

Got an Ordinary Bitter going . . .

BrewDay110313_3lr.jpg

Shelly Belly, those pics are GREAT! That's quite the full mash tun!
I can't wait until I have clean up guy(s). I only have mess makers, but he likes stirring and thinks the mash smells good. I made an American Blonde on Saturday in the kitchen while watching the boys. Well I heated the strike and sparge water in the kitchen and boiled in the garage. It would have been a great brew day if it wasn't for a super stuck mash. We got through that and it went smooth after that.

188847_10150128770673846_596098845_6547227_5677362_n.jpg

183615_10150128770373846_596098845_6547221_3793328_n.jpg

Had a really good brew day on Saturday afternoon - 5 gallon batch of what I hope will be my house pale ale!

Recipe:

9.0 lbs. Rahr Pale Ale Malt
1.0 lbs. Caramel 20L

1.0 oz. Palisade (7.6%) @ 60
0.5 oz. Palisade (7.6%) @ 15, 10, 5, flameout

Wyeast 1272 American Ale II

Lessons learned:

-- Whirlpooling was a waste of time (for me), and ineffective
-- Not going to use regular vinyl 1/2" tubing on my kettle cause it's so damn hard to get on/off the barb - switching to thermoplastic
-- Palisade hops smell realllll good

Session was around 4 hrs long - not too shabby for only my 4th all grain!

We're doing a Dubbel and Trippel Belgian this weekend.

And we'll be enjoying the Heffeweizen that's just about ready out of the corny while we do it.

I'm doing AHS Chocolate Orange Ale with extra Belgian cocoa and I might add more fresh orange zest. Last year when I made it I used French Saison yeast and now I want to try doing it with T58 (have 2 packets, need to use them for something).

I was away for 2 weeks, before that I brewed Rye PA and broke thermometer in the carboy after wort was cooled down and yeast was pitched. Need to continue building up my pipeline before it gets hot in NY. Cold winter, spring, hot summer. This is how we do it in NYC.

Next weekend I am going to brew AHS Texas Blond & keg Irish Red Ale, add some sugar, let it sit for few weeks at room temp. I need to step up my game and produce more beers before summer comes.

Bottling a Vienna/Centennial SMASH and brewing either Amazon Blonde or Wyld Wit.

My house lager this weekend. I'm super stoked. I got alot of really good feedback on this beer so it's time to up the par. :)

I am brewing a Cream Ale from an extract kit this weekend. I am happy since my new keg system is now up and running.

I'm brewing up a batch of a new pale ale recipe I'm working on, and I plan to start building my new MLT for my upgrade to 10 gallon batches!

planning to go to the brew store in the morning. haven't decided yet between an irish red or another bock.

Just picked up a sack of pale malt from our club bulk buy, so I'll definitely be brewing...probably a big IPA for when the apa's I have in the pipeline just aren't cutting it. Considering doing a porter also, since I have 2 yeast cakes I'd like to rack on top of. Just gotta get some choc malt.

I have my WLP400 starter in the fridge crashing so I can decant and pitch that into a batch of Summer Delight either tomorrow or Sunday.

Found out my 1/2 gallon jug works on the stir plate, so I'm warming up a vial of WLP029 to get a starter going for a batch of Kölsch.

I'll probably brew the Summer Delight tomorrow and the Kölsch on Sunday.

I'm brewing a California Steam either tonight or tomorrow morning. I've never made one before so I'm looking forward to it. Plus, I just got a Nitro faucet yesterday so my beartooth stout will be rockin' and rollin' this weekend.:rockin:

Was going to pick up my old Edsel this weekend since my MIL is going to be moving out of her house where it's stored. But she is coming up to go to some "thing" at my BIL's church, so I get to stay home and watch my SIL, who is mentally challenged. I may end up brewing something just because.

I was planning on brewing a IIPA and a Light Lager next, but I don't have the yeast starter made for the Light Lager, and the yeast I had built up for the IIPA exploded out of the flask and it was left uncovered for over a day. Not risking a IIPA's worth of ingredients on possibly contaminated yeast.

So now to decide what flavor beer to make instead...

brewing the BB witbier kit. all we've done are BB kits but this is the first with the "steep to convert" grains. gotten pretty good a maintaining temps so hopefully all will go smoothly.

:mug:

Hey jtkrazer,

My Hefe was done with WLP380. Kept the ferm temp at 68 and it came out right down the middle. Nice hefe cloves at the beginning and a hint of banana at the end.

:ban:

Latest posts

Back