So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well,I have to finish cleaning some 4 cases of bottles I de-labeled the other day in a bit. Then I can bottle my Summer Pale ale tomorrow. Then print out 8 pages of labels to hit with some spray on craft sealer. Does that count?...

THE five kits from aha were suppose to be here today but tracking said tuesday with those $20 kits i kinda expected it at least i got some in the keg:ban:By the way has anybody got those $20 kits just curious??

THE five kits from aha were suppose to be here today but tracking said tuesday with those $20 kits i kinda expected it at least i got some in the keg:ban:By the way has anybody got those $20 kits just curious??

I picked up maibock and porter extract kits from AHS, they arrived yesterday porter is currently boiling away. Maibock is on deck for 4.2.11

Had an awesome brew day yesterday (my sunday) brewing up the Bee Cave Brewery Bavarian Hefewizen. Hit all my numbers and cant wait for this one to get bottled!

Well my doppelbock didn't go so well. Started out missing my mash temp by 5°, which was easy enough to adjust with cold water. Then I messed up my boil off and ended up with 3g wort vs 2.5g, so my efficiency was only about 68%, making my doppelbock more of a bock. Oh well, got it in the fridge cooling to pitch temps now, will add my WLP833 pretty quick and see what it turns into. That'll teach me to not brew for 4 months. o_O

update on my schedule for chocolate stout, I tried harvesting pacman yeast from Rogue Oatmeal Stout and was very successful. So I will be using that yeast in my chocolate stout. This hobby is soooo addicting....

Pouring rain here in cali. So tomorrow will be spent in the basement... brewing California common! Get to use my new fermenter!

i gonna do a blonde on Sunday too

then maybe I make a beer

GIDDY-UP ;)

I found a new home brew supply store in a small town 30 miles away. Gave them a call today and he is coming to town tomorrow so he is DELIVERING my ingredients to me so I can brew that Marzen tomorrow! :mug:

Realized on Friday that my homebrew cellar was down to a mere 10 bottles, with nothing in the pipeline! To deal with that crisis, I hacked a kit today to make a saison, and will be doing my first AG batch on Monday. That is, unless we are completely buried in snow.

abrdnck said:
Realized on Friday that my homebrew cellar was down to a mere 10 bottles, with nothing in the pipeline! To deal with that crisis, I hacked a kit today to make a saison, and will be doing my first AG batch on Monday. That is, unless we are completely buried in snow.

Saison! I just had a St Somwhere Saison on tap at my local Irish Pub...it was divine.

coming soon...to a fridge near you!

Brewed a batch of a Blue Moon clone last night and if I can get motivated this afternoon might brew another bacth of Cream Of Three Crops. SWMBO loves it so we go through a keg in short order.

I'm brewing a Dead Guy clone as we speak. Waiting for water to heat up is my least favorite part of brewing:rolleyes:

Best brew day discovery the simplest and most effective way to hold up an grain bag so that I don't burn it

ForumRunner_20110320_115627.jpg

Was moving all week. Now I'm itching to brew. Got the future keezer running in the basement waiting for a few more kegs.

Dry irish stout and a chinook ipa extract + grains to be brewed this week.

Brewed an Imperial Rye IPA yesterday. 115 IBUs @ 1.090. Also racked both of my APAs onto dry hops in a secondary. All of the samples tasted promising!

I had a great weekend.
Went to the LHBS on Friday after work without any kind of a plan because I found out at the last minute that my wife was going to be gone for the night (Friday) which meant that I was going to have time to brew. I picked up 10lbs of American two-row, 2lbs Wheat malt, 2lbs Pilsner and added 8oz of CaraMunich II. I've got a bunch of hops in the freezer so I pulled some of those and came up with a hop schedule on the fly. It ended up being a GREAT copper color and should be a nice beer.
Mysterybatch.jpg

I then found out that we didn't really have any plans for the rest of the weekend so I was going to have MORE time to brew. I went back to Midwest and got the ingredients for a Scottish Strong 70/- but decided to put the finishing touches on the brewery instead. So, I got out the drill, put in the last few holes and fittings and ran a double batch of PBW through all of the kegs, hoses, pumps and fittings so I'm FINALLY ready to go with double-batches!!!

2011-03-19153749.jpg

Then bottled my Janet's Brown and got my Hone Pale onto 2lbs of honey.

Well,I got my Summer Pale ale in the bottles yesterday. After finishing all the scrubbing,cleaning,etc of said bottles 1st. But I was rewarded with 60 12oz'rs & one 25oz PET. This one is gunna have a nice color,malty hoppy goodness...

I tasted the first Wit I've ever brewed and it will be a staple for at least the summer months. It was a crowd pleaser. I'm hoping to brew a Kölsch, cream ale, and 2.5 gal batch of wildflower wheat this week.

I would like to do a 10 gal batch of Nut Brown Ale Friday if Fed Ex brings my false bottom for my new 10 gal mash tun. If not I'll try my first shot at an Irish Red Ale.

I'll be brewing tomorrow (what is a "weekend"?) if I get out of my final early enough! English IPA based on the BCS recipe.

I spent some time on Friday cleaning and lubing 10 kegs. I'll be brewing this week. Probably a dunkelweizen and an IPA if I can make time for 2. Warm weather, nearly empty pipeline, and clean kegs, I really need to step up the brewing.

Brewed a hoppy brown ale this past weekend. Got one to bottle this weekend coming up but no brew planned - going the the St. Pete Grand Prix all day Saturday.

Racked my Slick Rick "Old Engine Oil" clone onto oak cubes and vanilla that has been soaking in Balvenie scotch (poured the scotch in also of course) :D going to try and forget about it for a few months, then bottle...and forget about it again! Luckily it's getting nice out so I can keep busy with other brews :)

I have a busy weekend coming up. I have 2 brews waiting, an Irish Summer Ale and a Lawnmower Lager. I also have a Pale Ale ready to bottle. Not too mention all the other crap I have to do this weekend. Weekends need to be longer.

Back