So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm clearing my Chocolate Cherry Stout with gelatin at the moment. That'll get kegged tomorrow and I'll be brewing some weird and random 7% ABV concoction. Screw this whole "weekend" idea :)

I'm ahead enough on my home improvement projects to allow me to brew without too much guilt tomorrow. Will be doing 10 gallons of black IPA with a slight change to my hopping schedule (much more late additions and Citra instead of Summit)...

I'm looking forward to a shorter brew day due to near freezing water going through my IC!

I started the Farmhouse Pale Ale Project last week so I will continue on with it. Brewed an all Palisade pale ale now I'm moving on to another hop (not sure which one I will use yet).

Trying to brew at least 20 single hopped Pale ales this year using theis grain bill

8 Lb 2-row
2 Lb Vienna
.5 Lb Crystal 40
.25 Acidulated malt (will adjust as needed, this was a spontaneous brew so I did not have enough RO water)

I just tapped a keg of my Horner Helles and It's the best beer I have made to date. I'm going to try and duplicate a 10 gallon batch of it tomorrow.

The first batch of All Grain will be a Deschutes Jubelale Clone, since we are still in the Holidays. This will be my first All Grain batch, I have seven extracts under my belt and all have turned out great, ready to take the next step. I have built my mash tun from a 52 Qt. Coleman Extreme cooler and got an 11 gallon stainless steel brew kettle for Christmas.
Going to the LHBS tonight to pick up the ingredients, can't wait for tomorrow!!

Happy Brew Year to everyone!!!

Just finished a 5 Gal batch of Pale Ale using my favorite hops (Amarillo, Centennial, Citra and Simcoe) and my brew buddy is finishing up 10 Gal of Brown Ale.

woo hoo!
Two brew days in a row.

Yesterday was an IPA and today is a Hefeweisen.

The foot of snow started melting yesterday it was about 40. Today is 53 and all the snow is gone. Brewing and grilling steaks at the same time.

Hung out a little bit at my friends house for his mega brewday today. He made (4) 12 gallon batches (!!!), a lot of it will be for his Son's upcoming wedding. I need to brew something for myself this week.

Brewing an Old Ale this weekend. Also kegging my British Bitter, and hopefully finishing my Mash Paddle build.

Going to be doing a mens room original clone this weekend per family request. First time doing my own recipe so this should be interesting.

Doing 10 gallons of Yooper's DFH 60 clone. Then when that ferments out, going to do 10 of the Caramel Amber Ale and dump that on the yeast cake.

Getting rready to pickup 3lbs of hops for $15 from a club buy, and going to brew up an Old Engine Oil clone, which is an old style that is said to be a porter, but crosses over into stout/old ale also. The malt bill is strictly base malt, and lots of oats and roasted barley. I'm planning on doing 10g, so I'm going to do 5 gallons with bourbon oak cubes and vanilla :D

i'm planning on going to the brew shop later today to get the ingredients to make a maibock sometime this weekend. :mug:
seeing how i'll be getting busy at work for a while, this may be the last weekend to be able brew for at least the next month, unless i'd be able to find the time. :(

Getting rready to pickup 3lbs of hops for $15 from a club buy, and going to brew up an Old Engine Oil clone, which is an old style that is said to be a porter, but crosses over into stout/old ale also. The malt bill is strictly base malt, and lots of oats and roasted barley. I'm planning on doing 10g, so I'm going to do 5 gallons with bourbon oak cubes and vanilla :D

i'd love to see the recipe for that one. i haven't been able to find anything myself and i really enjoy that beer.

About 15 minutes into a boil of American Ale. 10# 2 row American Barley and .5@ Victory. 5/8 oz. Northern @ 60 and 3/4 oz. of Hallataur @ 15.

Brewing a California steam beer right now but decided to amp it up...originally had:

6 LBS Gold LME
8 oz Carapils
8 oz Caramel 40L
1 oz Northern Brewer (bittering...60 min)
1 oz Cascade (aroma...2 min)

Decided to add:

2 lbs honey (30 mins)
1 oz Cascade (30 mins)

Potentially:

Apricot in secondary

Does it count if you brew on a Friday? Did my first all grain BIAB yesterday. Was supposed to be a cream ale but I added too much Crystal 60 so it was too dark and I couldn't find another category it would fit in, sometimes too much alcohol, sometime not bitter enough. It's OK, I won't enter it into competition. I didn't realize how easy it was to all grain with BIAB. This was a 2 1/2 gallon batch and I'm already planning my next BIAB.

Back