So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoping to test out my new gear with a simple Pale Ale. Finally moved out of the kitchen to the back patio with a turkey fryer, water filter, and 10g cooler.

Sunday morning - attempting a clone of Creemore Springs lager. Then I'll make some more spent grain dog biscuits in the afternoon. My dog loves 'em!

Cheers!
K

I'd like to. Got to pick up a ferm chamber freezer (either a ferm chamber, or a freezer, which will let me use my existing freezer as a ferm chamber..) tonight. Tomorrow a wedding and a friend if coming down for a visit. Sunday, maybe, but since I brewed last weekend it may be time for me to take a week off. Probably got chores to do or some damn thing..

Sunday morning - attempting a clone of Creemore Springs lager. Then I'll make some more spent grain dog biscuits in the afternoon. My dog loves 'em!

Cheers!
K

Love Creemore Springs Lager...let me know how that comes out for you and if you don't mind, PM the recipe. I actually visited their brewery a few years ago.

My SWMBO announced that she is going out with a couple of her girlfriends tonight so that means I am drinking (heavily) and brewing. I know Friday isn't the "weekend" but it will run into Saturday... LOL

It's not the weekend yet, but I just finished brewing my mild. Everything went very, very well: hit my mash temp and postboil volume dead on. I'm just waiting for the wort to cool down to pitching levels to measure my OG and efficiency. It's currently chilling in the snow bank ! Not ideal, but I have stopped caring about wort chilling speeds.

I might just brew NorthernBrewer's landlord clone tonight. Such a good day !

Brewing this weekend for the first time since spring of 2008! A winter porter recipe from my local home brew supply store... Very excited to get back into it!

Got the day off on Monday for MLK day and will be brewing an India Black Ale if I can find some carafa. Otherwise I'll be doing a Citra APA/IPA... undecided.

I brewed KingBrian's caramel amber ale last weekend. Today I brewed a Blacksheep Riggwelter clone and used a pound of the dark amber candi sugar that I made for the amber ale. I've never had a Riggwelter before but it sounded good.

Headed downstairs to bottle first batch - Trew Brew Pilsner - this AM. Plan to brew Brewer's Best Red Ale tomorrow, then try something non-kit next. Found an extract recipe for Poor Richard's Ale on a link from one of Revvy's posts. Anybody tried this? Sounds good - may try that next. So many beers, so little time (money,equipment, etc....)!

This weekend I am dry hopping my almost IPA, and brewing a dark strong belgian... going for a 1.1OG.. highest gravity I've attempted... I have a big starter crashing for it now. 18.5 lbs grain for a 5 gal batch... plus the sugar etc. probably wind up overshooting my gravity. (recipe is based on about 80% eff though I often get closer to 90%.. just not always) I'm ok with that.

Transferring Robust Porter off London Ale yeast cake while I do an all grain batch of IPA which I'll pitch right on the yeast cake.

Dry hopped my honey pale ale last night.

Brewing a honey blonde today.

Brewing a kolsch tomorrow.

Always helps when the wife is out of town. No way I'd have this kind of time on a normal weekend.

Brewing my Fuddy Duddy Bitter, wich was heavily influenced by the recipes in the database:

10% C-80
2% Special Roast
A dash of Pale Choc. for color

1oz Target (55 min)
1oz Willamette (0 min)

I'm brewing it only to harvest the Thames Valley Ale for a bigger brew later on.

I'm bringing my wort up to a boil right now. It's a partial mash belgian golden strong ale with bitter orange peel and coriander. I'm looking forward to tasting this one! Hopefully it'll be ready in a couple of months.

I have monday off from work (Martin Luther King day in the States for those of you across the pond).

Brewing an AG Anchor Steam Clone (the maiden voyage for the 50 Foot Immersion chiller I just built).

Also Kegging a (possibly infected) Bourbon Breakfast Stout

Tomorrow I'm brewing a new IPA recipe with Chinook,Simcoe & Citra, & the Grain Bill will have some Honey malt and about 7% Rye Malt. Should be interesting, I hope it turns out to good.:mug:

Brew day is early tomorrow morning. got to get done before taking SWMBO and the little one to the circus. Mashing in will have to be around 8am to make the 2:00 show.

AHS Juniper Rye. My third Rye recipe in a row. Last summer was all wheat; this year is shaping up to be all Ryes. strange how that is working out.

Brewed Deny Con's Waldo Lake Amber Jan 12th n it's just finishing it's fermentation.
This week I have a second Better Bottle coming so I can ferment two batches simultaneously..

Next brew day will be Thursday or Friday this week...doing the AG Irish Ale from Northern Brewer, then California Common (Anchor Steam) will be my first attempt using Lager yeast.

Latest posts

Back