So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm crushing for a saison. Got some East Coast Yeast "Saison Brasserie" to pitch with so it should be a good brew (i hope). Target 1.068ish SG and some other goodies. I hope it turns out funky. :)

just got back from the local brew shop. brewing an irish stout this afternoon. planing to get started about 1:00-1:30. :mug:

True Blonde done yesterday. First time on the new setup. Stuck sparge, went and added another bag of hulls, stirred it up, still stuck. Propane doesn't travel well uphill, used a stack of five gallon buckets to put the tank on, problem solved. Forgot to use my new hop bag:eek: Forgot to use my new Refractometer, had the Hydrometer to test it all out, Never got an OG:mad:

All in all it was good, was working out kinks on the setup as I was brewing. Son in law came over and was helping out, he bought some Sierra porter and some Honey Mead. First time I ever had mead, I will be making some of that! Two more days I will free up my Primaries and bite the bullet and brew a batch after work. I am getting the pipeline going, so I can make some wine. I want get another primary for the five year barley wine that Revvy has made.

After about 15 batches of all grain brewing, I finally had my first stuck sparge on Thanksgiving. I'd been getting 60%sh efficiencies over my last 3 batches so I decided to make my crush a bit finer. I certainly did that, the grains looked a bit "powdery" but I went for it anyway. Can't say I was too surprised when I found out it was actually stuck. I ended up just dumping the whole mash tun into my empty HLT, rinsing it out and dumping it right back into the MT. I was good to go from there. Pretty painless stuck sparge if you ask me. We'll see how the beer turns out....it was a kolsch

Union Jack Clone but since I can never leave a recipe alone it is now Uncle Jack IPA. Had to substitute a hop and added a tiny amount to the 30 min addition. Mash out in 20 min.

I'll be brewing my second batch this weekend. An American Cream Ale kit from Brewer's Best.

I'll be brewing a Mac and Jack African Amber clone Friday. 5 gallon, partial mash, extract. First time for this recipe.

I'll be stopping by the LHBS to pick up everything I need for a vanilla porter to be brewed on Saturday or Sunday.

Picked up the stuff yesterday for a Fat Tire Amber Clone. My starter has been going for 24 hours.

All hits the brew pot Saturday morning, or maybe Friday night!

After thats brewed puts me at 55 gal for the year....11 batches, need to get 1 more brewed by the 31st make me even 1 a month. Funny now that I think of it....I did 1bbl!!!!

Want to do a Scottish 70/- or 80/- (still finalizing recipes) and if I have time do 15 gallons of Porter that I will split into 3 batches that will become a straight porter, oaked porter, and blueberry porter as I will secondary the last 2 before bottling.

Deception Cream Stout - Starter is working away as we speak. Also, will bottle a St Paul Porter, and try once again to get my unclear IPA clear with some fish guts.

I'm not brewing this weekend, but my Pecan Porter is getting bottled on Saturday. I'm going to the LHBS tomorrow, and knowing me plans will probably change when I get to digging around there...

Just got my ESB into the fermentor about 10 min ago. Overshot my gravity a little, though-this is the second brew in a row that I've hit 88% efficiency on the nose (I'm gonna have to adjust my recipes for the higher eff). I've mentioned it before on other threads but two things I've done in the last few months have profoundly effected my efficiency:
First, I started ordering from Brewmaster's Warehouse and my efficiency, which had been parked at around 71% since I started all grain, jumped to 80%. Their grind is great!
Second, for the last two brews I've dropped my ph a touch and have gotten another 8%.
Love it.

Going to brew a Pale Ale for New Years but I'm going to use some Ashburne malt for the first time.

Going to do my first attempt of my own IPA recipe. Just something simple. This will be my jumping off point to make my own house beer.

I think I am going to brew a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Clone saturday. It will be something nice for New Years. I guess its up early saturday and head to Rebel Brewer for supplies !!

Brewed yesterday, a "Fat Tire" clone and an Australian Cabernet Shiraz for the wife. Have a Bourbon Barrel Porter sitting in the secondary.

Thinking about brewing a Black IPA this weekend, anyone have a recommendation?

Gonna help James and Chris by running experiment #6 (lautering). Two batches of a simple Maris Otter SMaSH with Chinook or Willamette - haven't decided which - comparing the CB20's no-sparge to fly sparge.

My brother and a buddy of ours are getting together this weekend to do three different brews. I'm giving the Cream of Three Crops Ale a shot as my first all grain (BIAB) attempt, my brother picked up ingredients for an extract version of Founder's Breakfast Stout, and our friend we're still not sure about. I've been trucking along fixing up my equipment to make things run smoother/better, so here's to hoping it all goes well :)

My sunday is going to be very busy. I have a 2 month old batch of blueberry apfelwein thats needs to be bottled, a batch of English pale ale that has been in primary for 4 weeks that needs to be bottled. Then, I am going to brew a very large old style english ale (1.100) that I want to oak and age until my brother's 21st Birthday in August.

I guess I gotta get it all done as SWMBO just asked me to slow down for a while last night ;) and I don't know when I'll be able to brew again.

ME!!!
Finally brewing on a buddy's equipment for the fist time in 3 years.
Brewing Jamil's Imperial Stout.

Planning on doing a double brew day tomorrow - IPA w Chinook, Cascade & Amarillo and an APA with Amarillo and a little Simcoe. 20gallons total. This should be fun :)

10 Gallons of Biermuncher's Ode to Arthur are on schedule for this weekend. It'll be my first exact repeat ever (other than apfelwein).

I'm gonna brew something tomorrow morning. Still not sure exactly what, but I'm thinking about doing a Black IPA. That could change by tomorrow, but that's where I'm at now.

Doing my first all grain (BIAB method) this weekend. Turns out this my first self-developed recipe as well. Gonna be an IPA with Yakima hops.

Just brewed Orfy's Boddington's clone, planning on brewing his Old Speckled Hen clone tomorrow and then a Gumballhead clone on Sunday.

Back