So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Swmbo is working from 3pm to 7pm on Thanksgiving day, I'm gonna throwdown a Kolsch that way my dad will have something to drink when the family is out here for Christmas. He's not a fan of "good" beer. Just likes ice cold Coors light. I think He'll like the Kolsch though.

I recently made the Brewer's Best HOPNOG 2010 kit , and promptly ruined it in the bottle. ( Tasted AWESOME - but Gelatin floaties anyone? Nah, didn't think so ... )

Think I have figured an AG version, so went to the LHBS today - Gonna brew my Tribute to HopNog this Thanksgiving Day and see how it goes .....

Got a WY1007 going on the stirplate tonight for an Altbier getting brewed on Sunday. The yeast is fairly old so I will step it up twice.

Bottling a Kolsch tomorrow and an IPA next week. My cider will be perfectly carbed by turkey day. Then its on to an Oatmeal Stout!

I've got my Dead Guy clone cold crashing right now, planning to keg on Turkey Day (or if it's not cleared in time, Sunday).

After I consume that, MY FIRST ALL GRAIN!

I'm doing an experimental Pale Ale recipe tomorrow sometime (depends on when FedEx shows up). It is going to be my first All-Grain too, so I am really excited.

I found some Sierra Nevada Pale Ale at the local quicki-mart (a lucky find). So I am set to go.

Ahhh...5 days off....lots of opportunitys for brewing :)

Two/Three beers to be brewed.

First will be my first attempt at a partigyle brewing...I'm trying to recreate (as close as possible) Fullers ESB and London Pride.

Then another 5 gallons of my 90 Shilling clone...friggin awesome beer.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

This weekend I got a nice Dry Irish Stout ready to be made as well as a Fat Tire clone. Can't wait to break in my new Mash tun and stir plate.

I really want to brew a dunkelweizen this weekend ... either friday or saturday. this will be my 2nd brew, i'm still easing into the hobby and want to go with a kit. The trouble is I fear my LHBS doesnt move the brewer's best kits fast and i dont want an old kit. Should i take the gamble and get the kit or search the forums for an dunkelweizen extract recipe and get everything separate?

I did my weekend brewing a day early and it's sitting in the fermenter bubbling merrily away in the 65 degree warmth. This is a basic recipe to which I intend on adding 1 pound of wild blueberries and 1 quart of blueberry juice in the secondary. Ask me in about 6 weeks how it turns out.

ButtCrack Brewing!

ike_s_crack.jpg

My first two brews in a day brewing day:

A IPA based on the Brewer's Best 2010 Hopnog

An American Brown , based on my guess at a recipe and Arizona IPA's help in a thread.

Both BIAB per Deathbrewer's method.

Tomorrow a 10 gallon batch split into Warthog Cream Ale and a Stout of my own design.

I just finished with a Saison. It was a partial mash recipe. It turned out pretty good so far. I calculated out a 70% efficiency. I was pleased since it was my first time doing a partial mash

All depends. :) Might have an opportunity to pick up a couple of Sanke's for a case of beer! Or, if that falls through, I've got a batch of 'cream of three crops' ready for the brew pot.

Making 10 gallons of Belgian style Blonde ale tomorrow, using the grain bill for Russian River Redemption. Gonna guess on the mash temperature (149-150?), fermentation temps (64-66?) and use Tradition and Saaz hops.

Yay!

:ban:

this thread just goes on and on, huh? kegged my bravo pale ale (kolsch, might be a bad experiment)

bottling strawberry alarm clock tomorrow (SWMBO cannot wait)

autumn spiced braggot and old fezziwig clone in fermenters

vanilla bourbon porter brewing tomorrow I hope, might also try to do the prep work to be able to do a 10g batch next weekend.

Just sent the work email asking for bottles for those last 3 that will need more aging in the winter cellar.

Bottled my Poughkeepsie Pride on Wednesday. The sample was absolutely scrumptious!

Brewed my Fugged Up Barleywine last night. Fermentation took off like a rocket, too! Less than six hours in the primary, there was already a two inch, pearly white krausen. Less than twenty four hours in, had to race to replace the airlock with a blow-off. The dogs didn't mind the airlock, but the big burps coming out of the bucket every few seconds have been driving them crazy.

Back