So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewed my first 10 gallon batch on my electric ghetto rig, quite possibly the worst brew day ever, mostly on account of family pulling me away from brewing 4 times, each causing me to miss a timer, followed by a nasty storm rolling through right now, freaking my poor dogs out :(
I did learn i can hold a rolling boil with a 55% duty cycle and 13 gallons though, so that was pretty cool. My old 1500w heatstick couldn't keep 6 gallons boiling on it's own. Wort is in the fermentation fridge cooling down, plate chiller couldn't get it down below 79f..

Just brewed the NB Dead Ringer IPA and everything went flawlessly, hit the OG on the nose. Pitched the cooled wort onto the WLP029 yeast cake from the NB Kölsch I kegged during the mash. Sorry to rub it in @thatinfidel !

Just brewed the NB Dead Ringer IPA and everything went flawlessly, hit the OG on the nose. Pitched the cooled wort onto the WLP029 yeast cake from the NB Kölsch I kegged during the mash. Sorry to rub it in @thatinfidel !

HAHA suuuure you are! :tank: All is well over here, stout fermentation is off to the races, everything is clean, except for my shop vac (yes.. i clean that too lol)
Next time i brew i just need to make sure there isn't anything else going on that day! :rockin:

I did a double brew day today. My hefe went smoothly, my belgian pale not so much. Had a hard time holding the temperature, forgot to start my strike water, and took way too long to cool. Oh well, at least I still made beer (probably)

Brewed by Buoy Bandit Session IPA today. Everything want according to plan, hit gravitys, hit volumes, and even got my lagerator running for temp control Planning to enter this one in the Starr Hill IPA Challenge.

View attachment 354477
Citra pale ale.

10mL syringe of hop extract for bittering and literally a lb of citra steeped for an hour at the end. The whole basement REEKED of citra.

My 10 gal Zombie Dust clone had a whole lb of Citra added... I think on 1.5 oz went to bittering, everything else was hopbursted/hopstand. Turned out great!. :mug:

Hopefully brew some beer tomorrow haven't picked out a recipe yet... it's may soooo maybe I'll brew an oktoberfest just because that's what I wish was in my hand right now.

Finished my brew around 3:30 Saturday afternoon. Pitched Wyeast 1968 smack pack and went into the fermentation box (first time using). Box set at around 64F, wort temp was about 71 or 72 when the yeast was pitched. No sign of activity yet, as of about 11 PM. I'm hoping it's just a slow start because of the low temps.

Too lazy to go to the brew shop today, so used an 3lb tub of golden light extract and 1lb of golden light dry extract to make a version of the 15 minute cascade pale ale. No steeping grains. Lots of cascades. 4oz of grapefruit peel for the heck of it. Will only be a 2.5 gallon brew. Took me less than 90 minutes from start to pitch. NICE.

Bottling my Sam Adams Summer Ale clone tomorrow (all grain). Brewed this last spring too. Big winner. Lemon peel. Grains of paradise. Lots of love. You can't put a price on love.

All grain brews over the next few weeks:
-Cream of Three Crops with orange peel (yeah, I like peel)
-Orange Peel Porter
-Raspberry Stout
-All Chinook Pale Ale
-Whatever your mom wants me to brew

:mug: Cheers!

The Fluffernutter Sammie Stout has a ring of bubbles this morning...so encouraging sign of life.

Ground my own 2-row for BIAB and its fermenting in a carboy now. I want to add some "sour apple" beer to it to tarten it up some. Hope that doesn't screw the yeast up or vice versa.

Going to do 10 gallons of an RIS which I am going to age for 6-8 months in a stainless steel cask with oak chips and vanilla been added at that stage

Going to attempt my first all grain brew this weekend: 5 gal of a traditional Bavarian Hefeweizen. Stepping up from all partial mash brews.

Looking forward to setting out on a journey to attempt to recreate the hefeweizens from the town I lived in in Germany for a bit.

Sorry no pics, but nationally known hard Lemonaid just brewed. Trying an exact duplicate of the dipa since it came out so nice. Except will cold crash this one.

Going to attempt my first all grain brew this weekend: 5 gal of a traditional Bavarian Hefeweizen. Stepping up from all partial mash brews.

Looking forward to setting out on a journey to attempt to recreate the hefeweizens from the town I lived in in Germany for a bit.

Unless you are BiaB, get some rice hulls.

Going to do a Pre-Prohibition lager - Northern Brewers's recipe - with Wyeast 2206 Bavarian Lager yeast since I already have a slurry to use. Should be a good lawnmower beer and something to serve the non-craft drinkers.

I'm behind on the summer pipeline...this weekend I hope to get around to at least two of these: helles lager going onto a Weihenstephaner cake, some sort of simple saison, or a low alcohol bitter with a ton of dry hopping

This weekend, we'll be brewing up a blue moon clone for the wifeys and a Munich SMaSH. I got 3 of my buddies into brewing and we are doing different SMaSHs until we figure out the base malt we want to use as our house variety. :mug: It also has the benefit of being a teaching tool for them!

Tomorrow I will brew the Midwest Supplies Simple Beer IPA $19.99 kit & I have a few extras to add to it. I am impressed with this company for sure.
:mug::mug: :)

Attempting my first clone, Collective Arts' Rhyme and Reason Extra Pale Ale. They very helpfully listed their malts, bittering, flavour and dry hops on their website along with the ABV and IBU :D

Saturday brewing 10G of my Hefeweizen and 5G of something new for me: Imperial Black IPA

Looks like a pricy way to buy your water! Don't they have bigger jugs in your area, like the kind you'd put on an office water-cooler?

I'm brewing 10 gallons of American Lager (don't judge me, summer is coming) and 5 gallons of Cottage House Saison (my first Saison).

Yes I'm using bru'n water. So far brew day is going good.

I have stores around me that have big jugs of water but this was the store on the way home from my night shift. It was only 88cents a gallon

Back