So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Knocked out a Trappist/3787 and an Irish Porter/1084.

ab_01may2016_02.jpg

Yeast gave me fits with slow starters on the stirplates as these packs were both from early March.
But they eventually finished up and I think the yields will be sufficient...

Cheers!

[edit] 4 hours post-pitch and the 3787 is already popping the blow-off. Fingers crossed on the 1084...
[edit2] ftr, the 1084 was busily burping 8 hours in, and five days later the Trappist is at 1.015 and the Porter is at 1.010...

No idea if i'll get the time. Ingredients lined up for a double brew day... Fizzy yellow Beer and a batch of Undead Guy.. Hoping, weather looks awesome on the weekend.

Brewing a strong Hefeweizen on Saturday with friends! Friends brewing an IPA and someone else a porter...

:mug:

No brewing for at least a week for me. Need to let the current ales finish fermenting out. Innkeeper and Phat Tire NB extract kits, 1 more extract kit to use up then I switch to all grain until deep winter (no water supply in my garage... it gets to -31f here) when I will likely go back to extract or maybe 3 gallon BIAB mashes... something my under powered stove burner can handle. I can do a full 5 gallon extract boil but it is slow getting there.

I've been warned...brewing on the weekend with Mother's Day is NOT advised. Too bad, there's a "Big Brew" at Atlantic Brew Supply/Raleigh Brewing Co. on Saturday. I finally have a small freezer to set up as a fermentation chamber and an outlet installed. Definitely itching for a brew day. Plans are for a Fluffernutter Stout and then maybe a black IPA.

I've been warned...brewing on the weekend with Mother's Day is NOT advised. Too bad, there's a "Big Brew" at Atlantic Brew Supply/Raleigh Brewing Co. on Saturday. I finally have a small freezer to set up as a fermentation chamber and an outlet installed. Definitely itching for a brew day. Plans are for a Fluffernutter Stout and then maybe a black IPA.

I was going to brew a blonde on sun ( my typical brew day), however SWMBO gave a "ahem!" And I quickly moved my schedule to Saturday

Now that I've shaken off the flu, I can brew my DIPA. Will also break in my outside burner. So the wife will be happy.

National Homebrew Day! Getting together with some friends to brew several batches on Saturday. I'll be doing a partigyle double batch. We'll also be sharing plenty of beers - homebrewed and commercial. Haven't finalized my recipe yet, but it'll definitely be fun.

Going to buy the ingredients for a SMaSH APA this afternoon, will probably brew tomorrow night as the kitchen is....how should I say....a disaster. We have some friends getting married mid-July and they're looking for something "light" that will please all of our InBEV drinking friends but not taste like p*ss water. If he likes this one I'll do 10 more gallons of it. I offered to do three varieties but no, they want only one. I'll bring some of my more "daring" brews to the reception for me and hide in my car.

Making starters this weekend... Going to make for next weekend's ridiculously hoppy IPA, plus wake up my long dormant lager yeast for the first of three steps.

I'm brewing a second batch of Dry Dock Apricot Blonde Ale (a Pro Series All Grain kit from Northern Brewer.) I brewed my current batch back in March and it turned out so good that a coworker asked me to brew her an entire batch!

Saturday will be my second time brewing. Bottling our first batch (all grain IPA), and brewing a 10 gallon batch of pale ale. Our brewery improvements this weekend include doing a yeast starter (threw it on my new DIY stir plate last night), better mash with a new mash tun, better preparation for chilling, and oxygenating our wort with pure O2. Looking forward to a better end product.

Doing some trial brews with Gruit/Braggot type of hybrid(more so gruit then braggot). Looking to find the right spice combination. Going for a sage/spice.

Doing an English Pale Ale this weekend. I've got a poker game tonight that won't have me back home until about 12:30 am, I'm considering doughing-in before I go to bed, and letting it mash overnight. It's a no-sparge recipe (the English Pale Ale from "Modern Homebrew Recipes"). Then tomorrow morning, I'd just wake up, vorlauf a few times, then runoff and finish the brew as normal. It could cut at least an hour and a half off the process tomorrow.

I am brewing a Czech pilsner tomorrow.

edit: just began the boil. I achieved 92.7% mash efficiency with a 97.5% Barke Pilsner and 2.5% Carahell grain bill.

Blonde ale with British grains, hop stand with a couple ounces of Citra and some orange/lemon zest for good measure. Going for flavor yet crushable for the summer months

Brewing a German hefe as the last batch at my current house. Finishing up my undergraduate degree and moving soon. It's also the last batch of beer for my sisters wedding in June. I've been doing double brew days or back to back brew days for the last 8 batches. Two batches of cider as well, but that's just pouring in juice and yeast. I started 5 gallon and all grain at this house so it's a little bit like the end of an era.

Cold crashing the Tart IPA. Decided not to dry hop it as the flavor is near perfect as it is. Nice earthy citrus nose with tart Mandarin Orange and Tangerine flavor.

Transferred my Mead that I started almost 5 months ago. A gallon on to Cinnamon Sticks, one on to 30 oz of Boysenberries, one on to 30 oz of Blackberries, one on to 30 oz of Red Tart Cherries and one gallon of straight Mead.

Kegging 5 gallons of Apple Cider tonight.

Weighed out grain for a Sour Beer for blending into my 2.5 year old Cherry and Pomegranate-Cranberry sours.

Tonight - Finally got around to brewing the chocolate milk stout that I keep talking about. Tis the season right.....

Brew sesh went well. No hiccups. Garage smelled so good. Can't wait to put this baby on Nitro in a few months.

View attachment 353124

About to brew a 5 gallon batch now.

5lb American 2 row
2.5lbs instant rice
1lb quick grits
(At 150 for 60)

Czech Saaz hops

Saf-ale 05 yeast

Fermented over dark morello cherries because why not lol

Happy brewing folks!

Throw some cocoa(the UNsweetened powder type- say 6-9oz) at about 5 left in the boil and that would make it truly spectacular! :)....Just saying!...:ban:

Going to break in- and try to not break- my Grainfather this weekend! Piney The Welder! Going to TRY and take copious amounts of pictures and post a 'brew day' thread..Then I need to keg my Peanut Butter Porter that has been in fermenter for almost a month..LOL

10 gallons of dry stout, 5 ipa, and five pale ale with orange peel and coriander. First the stout with a step mash, then the two others simultaneously. Wife and kids are gone all day, yard is mowed and most the garden work is done. Should be a good day, except for the rain.

Maple Belgian Table Beer. Looked up examples and recommendations for both, tossed them together. We'll see what happens.

Just finished brewing an Irish red. Plate chiller didn't quite get it to the pitching temps I wanted, so it's sitting in the fermentation fridge cooling off those last 5 degrees.

Moving up to extract (possibly the last free weekend I'll have for a long time, got finals, grad school application and a 6-day a week job until the summer...)

Something summery, Magnum and Citra.

Starting on my coconut porter tomorrow, possibly killing the keg of nut brown and moving my vanilla strawberry wheat to a keg if it seems right... Glad I got the Mother's day stuff done today.. wife's working tomorrow so it's gonna be all brewing all day.

Brewed this recipe, whatever style it may be.
5.2 gallons into fermentor

10 lbs Maris otter
.5 lbs crystal 90L (6 row)
.5 lbs pale chocolate 200L
Mash 153F 1 hour
2 oz cascade 60 min
2 oz cascade 5 min

US-05 yeast

What style is this anyways? Am. Amber?

Latest posts

Back