So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, Oh... OH....

ME, ME, me.....

finally

only the 3rd time this year

Irish Red

:ban:

S

kid-with-answer.jpg

I sure hope so. Fiance just got back from a business trip and might not be in the mood. I'll just settle him in with some Dark Souls II while I have a brew day. Been dying to make a galaxy SMaSH. Just need to figure out hop schedule.

I'm taking a shot at this one as well! Hope my cake of 1318 is ready for the fight of a lifetime.

Long story..but ended up bottling my starter beer. 2pk of Thames Valley, 1275 and a pk of 04 better do the trick. Kind of spontaneous, so no $tarter. Keep us posted. Which recipe did you use? Mine from HBT "Tribute to Hanahapu" on post #30.

Long story..but ended up bottling my starter beer. 2pk of Thames Valley, 1275 and a pk of 04 better do the trick. Kind of spontaneous, so no $tarter. Keep us posted. Which recipe did you use? Mine from HBT "Tribute to Hanahapu" on post #30.

#30 as well, swapping GP for Maris. Mashing twice instead of sparging... This should be interesting. Aiming for 1.120

Just pitched some 05 into a pale ale using ctz to bitter then galaxy and ff7c's. Pbg was 8 points high so I just boiled off less so now I have almost 6 gal of pale ale in the fermenter, prob end up bottling about 5.5 gal. Winning.

God willing and the creek don't rise, I'll be putting a batch of the house Blonde Ale into the fermenter later today.

10 gallons of Orfy's Boddingtons Bitter.
5 gallons on London Ale III
5 gallons on West Yorkshire

Sadly I'm waiting on the neighbor to get home because I'm 2 lbs short of base malt. He's got me covered, beats a two hour trip to the not so LHBS.

#30 as well, swapping GP for Maris. Mashing twice instead of sparging... This should be interesting. Aiming for 1.120

Hope I'm not too late. I've learned double mashing with dark grains will release tannins that give astringent/bitterness, sometimes extreme, to the final product. 45min mash/10min sparge works just as good for efficiency as multiple mashes without that astringency, with proper chemistry of course. Learn from my lesson...

Currently brewing a stout..my fourth batch....steeping temp got to 180 (rookie move, I'm blaming the dog!) But I removed the steep bag and took the kettle off the burner so hopefully no ill results....I even reduced steeping time to account. Hopefully that will avoid some possible tannins......

Since we are having another washout here in PA, camping is a no go. Decided to brew the Hop Hands Clone I've been dying to brew. Almost forgot the oats(key ingredient)! Figured it out 5 minutes into the mash as I was making notes. Whew!

Was going to brew this weekend, but the threat of storms was looming over our heads for the past few days, and i didn't want to get caught up in the nightmare from a couple of weeks ago, so i skipped it, guess what? It didn't freaking rain... oh well, next week!

Making a kiwi golden delicious cider. I've done a couple other ciders but this one should be interesting as I'll be making the kiwi concentrate myself.

Planning on brewing my first non-kit recipe: this saison. Should work well with the warming TX temps.

I think I'm gonna brew an ipa with pacific gem and mosaic hops and finish it with wyeast northwest ale.

American IPA with simcoe and columbus tonight. Got a terrible crush (new online shop that I had a voucher from a competition, wont go back in a hurry) so had to do a mega sparge and 100 minute boil. Still short so resorted to adding sugar, which might actually improve the final product. Should be bloody good.

I have a long weekend so plan a brew day once I kick my current Vienna Lager keg so I can rack the Czech Lager from the fermenter into it and brew a SMaSH to fill the fermenter.

Brewing up a Black Shadow tomorrow night for my mates stag do. Everyone loved this beer when i made it at christmas so hopefully it will get the same response.

I plan to brew this:

95% Barke pils
5% carahell
1oz mittelfruh (about 15 IBU I believe) 60 minutes FWH
wyeast 3068

OG about 1.050

Guess it could be called a Dampfbier style, but should be a really nice summer beer.

Making my first witbier. Going to be doing a cereal mash for the unmalted wheat.

Brewing up 10 gallons of Oktoberfest for a party we will be having in September. I will also enter some of it in a local competition. The winner gets to brew their beer at the Pilot Research Brewery at AB in St. Louis. A friend won this competition last year and I got to go with him when his beer was brewed. It was a fun day.

20150925_131937_zpstzgjnxid.jpg

Brewing up 10 gallons of Oktoberfest for a party we will be having in September. I will also enter some of it in a local competition. The winner gets to brew their beer at the Pilot Research Brewery at AB in St. Louis. A friend won this competition last year and I got to go with him when his beer was brewed. It was a fun day.

20150925_131937_zpstzgjnxid.jpg

What competition are you talking about? I have a beer I would like to enter and I'm a local from Affton. Not that that matters. [emoji2][emoji482]

Going to bottle the BB White IPA I did last week, then try to brew something new (to me at least). Maybe a stout, but most definitely something dark, smoky, coffee-ey, roasty, yummy.

I have a Wyeast 2206 cake just calling to me to put it to use. Methinks it's going to be a Centennial Blonde Lager tomorrow.

Back