So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the middle of brewing 10g of Yoop's American Pale Ale now. I brewed an extract IPA last weekend but this is the first AG I've done since December. Because of work I've not been able to brew for several months but am glad to be back at it.

Plan on finally brewing BierMunchers Sterling Gold. Bought the ingredients three weeks ago; to much going on past couple weekends.

I ordered my ingredients a little too late this week so it looks like a mid week late night brew session is in order :) Brewing a 5 gallon batch of cream ale.

Wife is just about out the dooor for the day, Iron Maiden pumped up, and a AHS Platinum Hefe all grain is the order of the day!

~Diz

Maybe I'll get the Bock going tomorrow, but more rain is in the forecast and I don't feel like brewing inside.

On the other hand, if it's relatively dry, it's hay mowing time (AKA it's been too long since I cut the grass).

Currently sparging a mild.

Since the grain bill was so small, and I'm in a new house that I don't have all the kinks worked out of (in terms of brewing process) yet, I decided to just brew it in the kitchen today.

Everything kegged from primarys in the past week. Harvesting yeast from both fermentors today. And making a batch of hot sauce! Got Carribean Reds, and Hot Bananas, with some tomatoes and Anchos as well.

YEAST.jpg

Brand new to this, just about to start on my third, after the AssBock (bottled) and Apfelwein (one week in carboy). This time it is a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone extract kit; adding nearly a pound additional DME to boost it up a bit, extra Hallertal hops at the 60 min boil, extra 1 oz of Cascade at flame-out, and plan on dry hopping with 1 oz of cascade once it hits the secondary. Does this make sense (noob here!)? I am going for something that is a bit closer to an IPA.

This turning out to be a rough brew day.

BK sprung a leak after I filled it up....I had to quickly rack off the wort, take apart the bulkhead fitting, and fix the leak. Now I'm racking the wort back to the BK so I can finally start the boil that should already be done by now.

Not brewing....may bottle a DIPA tomorrow, if it cools off somewhat. Air's thick enough today to cut with a knife.

Brewed up a batch of Bee Cave Brewing Robust Porter. Now it's only 8 weeks to drink it. Patients is a virtue.

Marathon Day: I just harvested 40 lb of honey from my second year bee hive (first ever harvest) so started out around 11 am with my first attempt at a mead. That went well so I decided to keep going and did a 10 gal Pale Ale split with two boils at a different hop schedule. The first was 1 oz@60min, 1 oz@20min, 0.50@10min, 0.50@5min, 1.0@flame-out, all Centennial except 0.50 Nugget@60min. The second was about the same, except I used Amarillo @ 5min and 0 min. Unfortunately, I was planning on using a couple lbs of honey near flame-out to boost a batch, but in the heat of the moment (literally, it was at least 100 deg in my garage) I forgot :) Anyhow, 11 pm and I'm out!

I am currently brewing a Schwarzbier, should finish around 3:00 AM Sunday morning.
The temp is around 104° F inside the brewery and not going down.
What a hobby:D

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Just finished a Mexican cerveza.....used Whirlfloc for the 1st time (1/2 tab for 5 gal batch)...that stuff is amazing!

Made more Aventinus on friday. Yesterday an SS Oatmeal Stout clone, and today it's going to be a Double Chocolate Stout (close to a Young's I guess, but with my own twists). Alot of Brewing for me and I just want more. :D

Got 10gal of Ed's Bavarian Hefeweizen mashing right now.. hope to get done before I cook to death in my garage!

Making a gallon batch out of the third runnings from yesterday's brew. Probably going to make an American brown.

I would have liked to, but I spent a fair amount of the day chopping, sawing, and hauling a bunch of trees that came down in yesterday's storm, lol.

I was going to brew, even made a starter, but fell down a few stairs and fractured my tibula. I guess no brewing for me for a few weeks. :eek:

Was too hot/humid in Austin this weekend for me to get motivated for 3-4 hours outside next to a flame.

Have another Fireman #4 clone to make - this one will be my first attempt at kegging when its out of the primary. :D

Cooled off big time here in Central IL over the weekend. Bottled yesterday, bottling tomorrow...hope to brew an Amarillo Ale Thursday, unless the heat returns.

Starting to think about the IIPA batch again. It's going to be a week form hell with school ending and drivers training starting and dance recital. But right after that the kids are off and I can have them help out around the house and I can start catching up on the projects I have been wanting to get done, and the hobbies I want to do.

I just don't see this weekend being a brewing weekend. I should plan on brewing next week after work though.

Im kegging my American Wheat with Amarillo and orange peel this week, so I'll probably brew another wheat to go on the yeast cake. I think I'll do one with either watermelon or a little honey malt this time.

Barleywine with all late hop additions to be brewed tomorrow in celebration of the inevitable US triumph over the brits in the world cup.

I'm sitting in the garage sweating my butt off...brewing my first AG batch* which is an SNPA clone. Currently mashing.

*brewed AG one other time but at someone else's house with help on his equipment.

No brewing... but racking Apricot Wit

and the NorWa meet is Sunday 1pm in Mt. Vernon where we will be formulating plans for this year's "Beerstock 5060" :rockin: and sampling lots of brews :mug:

Back