So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doing an oatmeal stout tomorrow. im really tempted to do a RIS then make the oatmeal stout with the second runnings.

Friday night I brewed a gluten free, sorghum extract porter and I just finished a wit.

Brewed a 6 gallon batch of amarillo IPA at Kentucky Ale for their brew-off this weekend... winner will be their GABF Pro-Am entry.

Best part: having access to a hose that dispenses an unlimited supply of 180F brewing water. My timing was all thrown off, not having to wait for cold water to get hot. :)

I was supposed to brew my American wheat today but that got pushed to tomorrow. It's my first truly original recipe so I'm excited to see how it turns out. I love brewing on Mondays when most people are working :D

I brewed an apricot wheat yesterday evening. It went really well despite burning my finger and making a mess of the house.

Since I use a propane burner for my boil, I had to do it outside and it started to rain when the boil started. I just made sure it was under the eave of the house and tried to keep the rain out when I took the lid off to stir/add hops and if a few raindrops got into the boil, I don't think Oregon rainwater will hurt it too bad.

Right now the airlock going crazy in my bedroom closet and filling the room with the heavenly aroma of beer!

Can't wait to taste it!

How about who is brewing tonight?

New Castle, only thing I am changing is making the starter with dark DME, to see what changes it will bring.

I will also add, that I am going to try to carb this batch more than the last time (actually more than New Castle in the bottle has).

I'm doing a Marzen/Vienna Lager hybrid on either Saturday or Sunday. The LHBS only had one vial left of the WLP838 I wanted to use so I got a 2L starter going on the stir plate last night and will step it up to a gallon starter tomorrow. If I can get the lager brewed on Saturday and the LHNS gets in the Lacto I ordered then its Berliner Weisse time on Sunday. I love having grain and yeast on hand.

I might.. or I might just wait for my wort chiller to show up :)

At the very least, I am pretty sure I'm going to be bottling my first batch on Friday. It's been crazy warm here the past few days, and now the temperature is dropping... here's hoping the yeasties are ready for their next adventure.

I have two 10 gal. batches planned for this week, provided my ingredients come in. I haven't got shipping notification yet, so It's not looking good.

This will be the second week in a row they've screwed up.... :(

CitrAm pale ale and a Two Hearted clone. Come on hops! It'll be nice having Monday off. Perfect excuse to brew.

I'd like to get three done this weekend. (all 3 buckets are empty!) so i'll be brewing a saison, cream ale, and an 1850 whitbread porter.

Pencil me in for Sunday or Monday as my 1st brew at my new place. I am moving this weekend and I wanted to start off on the right foot. I am brewing some summer ales for swmbo and myself. The difference between them is the adjuncts and hops. This is going to be my 1st true partial mash. :mug:

My shipment came in!

5 gallons of Huma Me (check my recipes), and 5 gallons of an India Brown Ale I've been formulating!

Need to make a starter tonight....

Racking SNPA clone, then brewing up a honey kolsch kit from NB. And of course plenty of BBQ and beer to go with that. Curses Friday workday...why must you get in my way?!

I'll be out of town. But I have 15 gallons in the freezer fermenting, 5 in another carboy in the garage, and 20 gallons in kegs, so I'm set for a couple of weeks.

I think I might get the Maibock going Saturday. Although the calendar says we are almost out of Spring, it's freaking cold here and no relief in sight! Too damp for yard work or cutting firewood.

10 gallons of Hayes and Zembiec Cream Ale today. Sour beer from whatever I can squeeze out of today's mash on Monday.

Maj Doug Zembiec KIA May 11 2007
MSgt John Hayes KIA July 8th 2009

I knew neither of you, but a good friend said you were Great Americans who gave your lives for us and if he says you were good people, then you were good people. In honor of you and in celebration of Memorial Day, this beer's for you.

Hop Bomb Mini Mash from AHS this weekend. Need to figure out my hop straining technique and build a filter/bag holder this weekend before I get started.

Back