So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boiling a 10 gal batch of American Wheat right now. Racking half onto 6.5 lbs of apricots. Should make for good summer drinkin'.

Also, 10 lbs of white wheat makes for a slooooow sparge. Never made this big a batch of wheat beer before.

Doing a double brew day on Saturday. Brewing up an Apricot Cream Ale and a Scottish Ale. Teaching a buddy how to brew.

The planets have aligned for me to brew. Saturday morning will be a brew day.
Heck I may even brew again next Friday
Girlfriend is going to see family down south, I am not on call for work, and I am not sick. All of which have prevented me from brewing for about 2 months.

Saturday brew - Speckled Heifer all grain from Northern brew
Next Friday brew - Tiger Tank Altbier All Grain from AIH (just need to click the order button)

I've got a triple brew day planned for Monday (a holiday here in Canada).

• A Rauchbier - Rebrew of the same batch I brewed last weekend, then lost as the carboy tipped over and shattered on my garage floor.
  • Variation of Yooper's DFH 60 Minute IPA clone - I add more Warrior and some Crystal 120 for a more bitter beer, and a nice copper colour.
  • A Red IPA - Again, Yooper's DFH 60 Minute IPA recipe, with 6 oz of Roasted Barley for the red colour and a hint of roasted bitterness.

Just started a Belgian Pale Ale with a hint of citrus. I'm not a fan of fruity beers as all but I figured trying something different couldn't hurt. I'm just hoping it turns out well and I don't end up with 5 gallons of piss water

I was going to do a blue moon clone but lhbs guys are out of town and I ordered from Midwest Sunday still hasn't shipped. Also got their all gran grand cru kit... It was a hit last time I made it. Looks like I am sol unless it somehow makes it by sat

Going to try a double brew day on Saturday.

Yooper's Oatmeal Stout to start, and then an extract Dead Ringer to keep my wife happy with something hoppy.

I'm making the second batch out of extract just to save some time. If I had two burners in the garage, I'd definitely do both all grain, but I don't want to have to run back and forth between the detached garage and the kitchen while boiling batch #1 in the garage, and heating mash water in the kitchen.

I've got my Pilsner ale all grain and an extract clone of twilight planned and ready for Saturday. Empty primaries are calling me.

American pale ale. 2 row, Munich, and flaked barley, with Warrior, Centennial, Citra, and Simcoe. Can't wait!!

Experimental 1 gallon batch

ForumRunner_20130627_224513.png

Hooray, I'm finally getting a chance to brew! Doing a really simple Maris Otter lawnmower beer as soon as I get home from work tonight. Got the rig set up, got a starter ready (wyeast 1272), as well as some pizza and beer, and a nice Punch Rare Corojo to keep me company during the brew.

Hooray, I'm finally getting a chance to brew! Doing a really simple Maris Otter lawnmower beer as soon as I get home from work tonight. Got the rig set up, got a starter ready (wyeast 1272), as well as some pizza and beer, and a nice Punch Rare Corojo to keep me company during the brew.

Do it up man...enjoy!

Getting my brew on tomorrow. Ill be doing a bock and a red lager. Can't wait bc the keg is nearly empty!

I will hopefully be brewing this evening after work Weather permitting. Suppose to Storm all day here in TN but I really want to Try out my new burner. Gonna make a Spiced Vanilla Brown ale I think. I may Even do a batch with my home malted barley!! See how that goes. Going to the LHBS to pick up the yeast and its on!

Going on vacation this Sunday, so I took today off to get ready... and by getting ready I mean brewing 10 gallons of Jamil's Evil Twin, so it will be "ready" to keg when I get back! (Who needs to pack for vacation, anyhow...)

kombat said:
You "can't wait," so you're brewing .... two lagers? Great plan! :)

Agreed... If you want that keg filled fast brew some centennial blonde. Grain to glass in 10 days so you have something to drink while you wait on your lagers

I will be brewing an all grain Witbier with 50% wheat grown on my buddy's farm real close by in Aiken county South Carolina. trying to get as close to home as possible. He said he's gonna grow some barley next season so we can drink 100% Aiken county grown beer (I should have a pretty nice homegrown hop stash by then)

roastquake said:
I will be brewing an all grain Witbier with 50% wheat grown on my buddy's farm real close by in Aiken county South Carolina. trying to get as close to home as possible. He said he's gonna grow some barley next season so we can drink 100% Aiken county grown beer (I should have a pretty nice homegrown hop stash by then)

Dude! I work on York St in Aiken! PM me and we can talk SC beer...

Just started 3 1.5gal batches of mead (1 MAOMish, 1 raspberry melomel, 1 blueberry melomel). Tomorrow will be 4.5gal of Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde with slight modification. I might put in another batch of MAOMish tomorrow (with EC1118 instead of the Pasteur Red I used today) if I can find space for it... 60lbs of clover honey is an exciting thing to acquire!

Bottled lager today, starter is getting going and tomorrow morning I will be brewing up a pale ale.

I'm brewing 5 gal of an American Pale Ale on Saturday and 5 gal of an Imperial IPA on Sunday. Using recipes from Brewing Classic Styles by Zainasheff and Palmer. The IIPA has 17 ounces of hops (including dry hop)! I'm pretty excited.

I'm brewing 5 gal of an American Pale Ale on Saturday and 5 gal of an Imperial IPA on Sunday. Using recipes from Brewing Classic Styles by Zainasheff and Palmer. The IIPA has 17 ounces of hops (including dry hop)! I'm pretty excited.
17 ounces? Jeebus man, hop bursting mostly?

Going to brew a Smoked Hefeweizen with Juniper berries and honey if this damn rain ever stops.

Latest posts

Back