So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bboyeruga said:
Brewing my first batch today. Farmhouse saison. Just an extract kit, but you gotta start somewhere.

Nothing wrong with extract. I still brew an extract here and there when time is short. Good luck with your first batch.

Decided I wanted to brew again today for my birthday...got everything for my white ipa and realized I forgot some stuff, so a trip with my lil man to the lhbs was in order. Halfway through the boil! Gonna dry hop and put the lemongrass in my last batch, and repitch on the old cake. Let's hope all goes well!

1st ever All Grain. Northern Brewers AK47 Mild Pale Ale. 5 gallons. I followed the recipe the temps were right but the water did not add up? After sparging I still lacked about 2 gallons of water, so I just rinsed the grains again with 170 degree water? Should I have just topped off in the boil? The pre boil gravity was about 31 but the recipe stated it should have been 40? It's in the fermenter now, I will just have to wait?

Just racked 5 gallons of all grain Russian Imperial Stout to the primary. My plan is to have it on hand for the holidays. Missed my OG target by a few points, but otherwise a very good brew day.

Brewed AZ-IPA's Habanero Sculpin IPA clone today (minus the pepper), pitched S-04 for a friend's wedding in August. Happily showing air lock activity about 4 hours later. Life is good.

Mashed in a grapefruit apa/ipa that someone had posted. I had done the extract and love it. Now i'm doing a converted ag version.

Also made a wooden beer crate for some 22oz bottles. Racked from the keg.

image-777255.jpg

Good luck to all brewing!!

Got my first attempt at zombie dust clone in the mash tun only doing a 3 gallon batch this time around and will be my first time using controlled fermentation with my trust DIY Stc 1000 might not look pretty (had to use a drill press for the cutouts seeing as my brother in law borrowed my dremmel) but its holding temps pretty well.

Watched my airlock bubbling. That leaves me with two empty Taps, hmmmmm, what's next?

can't go wrong with a Saison, Kolsch, IPA, APA, EPA, RIS, ESB, Gose, Bavarian Helles, Wit, Dubbel, Trippel, BDS, Lambic, Flanders Red, Dry Stout, Sweet Stout, Pilsner, Mild, Nut Brown, Bock, Helles Bock, Eis Bock, Braggot, or any variety of Porter.

Because I have a really nice ultra hoppy IPA on tap and an oberon Clone I decided to just wing it was some grains that I already had and did a nice light blonde today. I did 10 gallons and I think I am going to do a secondary with 5 gallons and add coffee beans to it. Used 1.50 ounces of columbus at 60 min and 1 oz of simcoe at 20 minutes. The initial flavor seemed good. Based mostly on a 2-row but added a little carapils and wheat for head retention.

well, I'm still getting 85% efficiency 5.5gal @ 1.070 I love my new mill & Maris Otter! and the smell of Mosaic!

Which mill did you get? Did you set the gap or is it factory/non adjustable?

I'm at about 72-75% with my crush, I'm happy with that but curious if a tighter gap would better me. I'm not even close to getting stuck sparges.

Which mill did you get? Did you set the gap or is it factory/non adjustable?

I'm at about 72-75% with my crush, I'm happy with that but curious if a tighter gap would better me. I'm not even close to getting stuck sparges.

I got the Barley Crusher from NB. factory setting. it might also be the M/O or my water, but the Bavarian Helles I brewed with Rahr Pils also hit 85% and I've always used the same water.

I got the Barley Crusher from NB. factory setting. it might also be the M/O or my water, but the Bavarian Helles I brewed with Rahr Pils also hit 85% and I've always used the same water.

My bro in law has the BC. I just have an Australian 3 roller adjustable that I had to modify heavily. Its better than a corona mill but not as nice as a purpose built machine. Maybe I will crush with his next batch and see if that makes a difference. Thanks!

Just brewed my small siason today. Mostly pilsner with a little aromatic malt and a bit of carapils. Used some Saaz but much of the flavors will come from that mighty 3711 yeast. It a small or petite siason because I only use about 7.5 lbs of grain and get a OG of 1.038. When 3711 gets done it will end up at around 1.002. I still have some in a keg from the last batch. Some fruity flavor but very mild and refreshing for the summer. It's a real crowd pleaser and lawn mower beer at this lower abv than other siasons.
You don't need to ferment warm if you don't want to. I start it in the mid 60's then let it warm to the upper 70's over time.

BTW, I use a barley crusher too and love it.

Brewed a 5gal batch of cream of three crops this morning. Start to finish 5 hours did a single infusion mash and used light dme . didn't have enough grain to do full ag batch.

danielofthedale said:
Would love hear more about the Ginger Basil Cream Ale!

Has An amazing aroma, and sample was decent. We brewed it for a competition here in Charleston.
F.G. Puts it right at 5% ABV. It's a five gallon AG batch with 6 row, 2 row, flaked corn, caramel 60, with ginger and basil adjuncts. I tossed some fresh blended peaches in, during second fermentation. I'm intrigued to see how it fares. cheers!

Has An amazing aroma, and sample was decent. We brewed it for a competition here in Charleston.
F.G. Puts it right at 5% ABV. It's a five gallon AG batch with 6 row, 2 row, flaked corn, caramel 60, with ginger and basil adjuncts. I tossed some fresh blended peaches in, during second fermentation. I'm intrigued to see how it fares. cheers!

Sounds great! Might have to send you a PM about when to add basil and how much. I have thought it would be one of the more interesting things to try.

Latest posts

Back