So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friday I will be brewing batch #2 which is a Newcastle type beer. It's from my LHBS and it's called Nutcase Brown Ale. I'm trying to stagger these batches to establish a good pipeline. I think 5 gallons every 2-3 weeks should be more than enough!

Saturday will be my 2ᴺᴰ try at BigHair Belgian/SWMBO Slayer/Midwest Belgian Blonde Kit

will be a ½batch for a competition to see who gets to represent my brewclub in the AHA club-only competition

my LBHS does not carry crystal/caramel 10L and was out of flaked wheat, so I'm substituting cara-helles (11L) and red wheat malt.

made a lot of mistakes my first try; way over on temps for my steeping grains, boiled the DME for the full hour, went with different hops and yeast. turned out OK, but the BigHair didn't like it at all.

Got my Chinook/Vienna SMaSH boiling now, got grains milled for a Kolsch I'll brew after I'm done with the SMaSH, and then I'll brew a Hefeweizen this weekend.

Brewing the white house honey porter this weekend that I converted to all grain from extract and also a small batch of wine for the wife. Gotta wrap up my 2012 brewing and start planning for next year!

I just got my kit for Christmas and i ordered my 40 qt pot that should be in tomorrow, so I just may be brewing this weekend. Brewers best altbier.

finishing the keezer, and brewing a nut brown Goose Island clone. When the ball is droping we will be doing an amber ale also.

Heading to LHBS tomorrow after work to get the fixin's for a Southern English Brown. This'll be the first brew destined for the new kegging rig that Santa brought..! :)

Bout ready to start my 90 minute boil...Very cold in Boston today...It's amazing that after all these years, I still get excited when I'm brewing...The process, the aromas. Ahh the aromas....Love a boiling keggle..It does so many amazing things. It keeps me warm, produces incredible smells and makes great beer..Is there nothing it can't do.

Brewing up the White House Honey Ale all grain addition. Was going to brew today, but will wait until Sunday when the weather is nice and sunny. Will also be trying out my new Corona Mill that I built a cabinet for it. Can go manual or electric.:D

Brewing my house APA on New Years Eve. Decided to make my last brew of 2012 the same beer as the first of the year I brewed back in Feb. It will be interesting to see the progression of my brewing skill. The first time I brewed it I was doing stovetop, extract, partial boils, and now I'm doing AG full boil brews (for better or worse :cross: ). The recipe is the same in spirit so it will be cool to compare notes on the two.

Two going this weekend. First is a quick Pale Ale. Added a little C120L to make it a little red and I'm using a Kolch yeast. Second is an IPA. Should have both going by New Year's Day so I can watch some football. Carboys for Christmas was a good choice on my part.

I'm feeling like brewing my first big batch (4 gallons) of Flanders red/American wild ale. Been brewing one gallons up to now. It'd be cool to start a year Long process on new years!

Brewing an Imperial Chocolate Oatmeal Stout... American style with Nugget and Willamette Hops. It Smells good in my garage right now :bam:

Got a whole bunch of new gear for Christmas including kegs... so now I got to fill them! Been putting back more than a couple homebrews this evening. I think I'll throw a batch together tonight, we'll see how that goes!

I am thinking about brewing on Monday. Perhaps an American Wheat or something light and sessionable to balance out all these big winter beers I have on tap at the moment.

Doing an Orange Blossom Saison on Saturday and a Russian Imperial Stout on Sunday/Monday

So stoked
Toy4Rick

I brewed a Kolsch and Smoked Porter yesterday. My 2 buddies made a Belgian Wit, Dunkelwiezen, and something else I can't remember. Smoothest brewday in a while. I kegged my BMC clone and an APA as well.

Just brewed a Chestnut brown ale, I chose to not add the chestnuts and see how it turns out.

Snowy Brew Day! About to mash in 21 lbs of grain for a RIS to celebrate the birth of my first baby, Connor! Hope to save/age a couple bottles for him to try when I think he is old enough.

IMG_0331.jpg

gavball6 said:
Snowy Brew Day! About to mash in 21 lbs of grain for a RIS to celebrate the birth of my first baby, Connor! Hope to save/age a couple bottles for him to try when I think he is old enough.

Congratulations! Being a dad is amazing!

Damn snow!!! I can't ride my motorcycle in it, so that sucks... But I had some grains coming in today, so I figured I could make it a brew day!... However, the FedEx guy canceled his route for the day due to weather. Tomorrow's Sunday and Monday is New Years Eve, so I'm not sure when it'll come in. FedEx sucks here, so whenever they do finally ship it, they'll probably deliver it to the wrong location. They deliver my packages to the wrong address literally about 1/5 of the time, which is pretty outrageous IMO. I also constantly get several of my neighbor's packages that I just hand-deliver to them rather than rely on the ineptitude of the local drivers to bring it to the right address. I've called in and complained a couple of times without much success. I'm to the point where I don't think I'll be doing business with companies that ship through FedEx. I never have any problems with UPS or USPS. /rant

Soooo... No brewing for me this weekend is the short version. lol

Brewing Hefeweizen today. Also my first decoction step mash. The first decoction step went smoothly, the second decoction is resting, and I'll get that up to boiling here shortly.

Brewed a white IPA from Jasper's today. Wheat malt extract brew with nugget, target, and zythos hops. Will dry hop with an ounce of Citra. Wyeast forbidden fruit yeast. Can't wait to try this one.

Going to brew an IPA with Summit,Columbus,NZ pacific jade. 2-row, pilsen,red wheat,vienna,crystal malts. Along with trying out dry Bry-97 yeast. As much as I would like to keep it simple this just sounds good to me.Think I will split up the summit and columbus in the boil and dry hop the jade.

Looks like Im practically going to be hopbursting this,due to Columbus and Summits high AAU. Doing a 2.5 gal batch and using 2 oz of hops for the boil,I can only use about .25 columbus to bitter the rest are going for flavor/flame out. Dont think Ive ever added this much hops at the end of boil. Should be interesting.

Just started my vanilla imperial stout. The specialty grains are steeping right now. Tomorrow may be a black ipa our a blonde. It's been a few months since brewing, thank goodness I have some time to brew!

Back