So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewed my Belgian-ish blonde ale with a 2 row, vienna, and flaked wheat grain bill. I hopped with cascades. I guess I over sparged because I missed my OG by about 16 points, so now I guess I will end up with more of a Belgian table beer abv wise than a 4.5 -5% beer like I was going for. I have never missed by that much and actually have had more issues with over shooting my OG after I got my grain mill and my efficiency jumped up, while I was trying to build recipes around my new efficiency. Oh well, hopefully it turns out tasty.

Brewed a California Common. I hit 75% efficiency instead of the 70% I was expecting which is awesome, but I was short almost 1oz of hops thinking I had more than I did. It will still be in style and most likely a great beer based on the smell and taste of the wort, just not as hoppy as I was hoping for.

Brewing a cream ale for my little brother and a leinenkugels sunset wheat clone. The leinenkugel was given to me by a fellow homebrewer who was just deployed to the middle east last month.

Brewed my Spotted Cow Brown Ale 4.0. Got to introduce a brewing buddy to all grain. Hit most of my numbers, but efficiency was off a bit.

Bottled a Lemon coriander wheat, brewed a crystal honey ale and tasted LOTS of finally conditioned American pale ale.

todays festivities:
Bottled a batch of blonde ale
Transfered a different batch of the same blonde to secondary
Degassed a batch of huckleberry melomel

Too tired to brew a new batch of anything. :(

Just started th boil for a belgian dubbel, or trippel depending on final color (using home made candi syrup and don't know srm value for it), calculated pre boil efficiency to 90% (recipe at 82%) so it is going to be above abv range for a dubbel either way :tank:

We're hosting our club big brew on my driveway. It's going to be crazy. I'm brewing a saison with another club member, if BMW ever ships my order from last week.

Going to brew an altbier with some WLP029 that I washed from my Kolsch. Had a slight incident while washing (long story short, a bit of sanitized water I was pouring into the carboy to do the wash trickled down the mostly-but-not-completely sanitized outside of the jar), so there's a slight chance that the yeast got contaminated. I'm not too worried, but I'll keep an eye on the starter and if it shows any signs of off behavior, I'll switch over and start a strawberry blonde ale instead while I procure some clean yeast for the alt. Finger crossed, I really want to hold off on the strawberry blonde to hit local strawberry season around time for secondary.

definitely brewing either a gose, or (and i swore i wouldn't do one this year- but something about heat and hops) a DIPA... maybe do a two brew day if i get a fementer freed up.

Brewing a vanilla porter for a club competition/AHA club competition and maybe another 5gal of my Coronado Imperial Red b/c my LHBS is pouring my last keg at the Waterside Beer Festival in Norfolk on May 19th! Pretty geeked about that :rockin:

im just beginning my first bach of beer. my peach cobbler ale recipe is asking for a caramel 15 malt. I cant seem to find it anywhere. and i was hoping someone could tell me what the 15 means.

im just beginning my first bach of beer. my peach cobbler ale recipe is asking for a caramel 15 malt. I cant seem to find it anywhere. and i was hoping someone could tell me what the 15 means.

15 is the Lovibond(color) use 20 if you cant find it.I think "carahell" a german light crystal is about 15.If you cant find 20.Or use 10 if you can find that.

benjamin215 said:

You may also find it as "Crystal 15." "Crystal" and "caramel" are interchangeable names for the same thing. But, I'm with the other guy who responded. Use C20 if you can't find the 15.

If I can swing it, being oncall and having to a big change over for work, I am going to try to squeeze in a Bitter Blonde this Saturday

Just pitched a starter of Wyeast 3711 onto a saison hopped with Magnum for bittering and Ahtanum @ 15 and 5. Plan to dryhop with Ahtanum also. Half ounce each addition.

Planning a fantastic brew day. I will be brewing two AG batches: 6gal of hefeweizen, and 10gal of a spotted cow cream ale clone.

My friend will be brewing two 5gal AG batches, the recipes I still don't know. One of his friends will also be there to brew her first batch (extract, 5gal).

Overall, 31gal planned. Going to be a great day :)

Not this weekend-tomorrow.SWMBO`s Vanilla Cream Ale.I need it after the
wreck last night.

Cheers

I've got 10g of saison planned for Saturday, with a buddy who is cooking up 5g of a different saison recipe. We've got a great summer coming up!

I am planning on brewing up a 5 gallon batch of a Wheat IPA.
I will have some friends coming over. They have enjoyed the brews I've made in the past, and now they get to enjoy the creation! I hope to properly pass on the obsession of home brewing

Cheers!

Taking my first stab at a clone of Snake River's Pako's Eye-P-A either today or tomorrow. With all Columbus and Simcoe, it should be pretty tasty whether I clone it or not.

Something belgian, dark and strong tomorrow.
Gonna make 3.3 lb's of dark syrup for it today.

getting ready to brew a two hearted-ish beer, but it may be a rainy brew day. I've also got a bottle of Brooklyn Brewery Black Ops my wife got me. This is a celebratory brew day since I start a new job on Monday and i just finished grad school.

Just mashed in for an attempt at a Berliner Weiss. Once it naturally cools to 120F/50C, I'll pitch some yogurt for lacto to sour the mash. No WLP or Wyeaat sources here, so we'll see what I get out of this.

Just mashed in for an attempt at a Berliner Weiss. Once it naturally cools to 120F/50C, I'll pitch some yogurt for lacto to sour the mash. No WLP or Wyeaat sources here, so we'll see what I get out of this.

Toss a handful of raw grains in the wort as well. I just did my first BW the same way, and it came out VERY tart.

Brewing the NB Bier de table all grain kit on Sunday. I'm definitely banking yeast from the starter.

Double batch weekend!
Orange cream ale
Strawberry Kolsch
Both to keep SHMBO happy. I will just drink the stockpile of Russian Imperial Stouts i have.

Back