So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm brewing on Sunday and I think I'm going to do a WIPA with Simcoe and Nelson Sauvin and fermenting with a kolsch yeast.

Going to brew 5.5 gal of an oak and vanilla bean infused oatmeal stout!

7 lb 2-row
3.5 lb Munich
1 lb flaked oats
10 oz chocolate malt
8 oz Caramel 80L
8 oz Roasted Barley
4 oz non-bitter black malt
Mash @ 152F for 70 min single infusion with batch sparge

1 oz Magnum @ 80 min
1 oz Williamette @ 15 min

US-05 dry ale yeast

Primary 14 days @ 65F
Secondary 21 days on 2.5 oz of toasted oak chips (bourbon soaked) and 2 vanilla beans.

IBU's 44

Color 42 SRM

OG: 1.060 FG: 1.017

5.9% ABV.

Likely mazing, not brewing this weekend. I got ahold of 3 lbs of raspberry honey, think I'll make a one gallon sweet show mead.

Playingwith the house bitter this weekend. Basically a minor grain switch (because I don't have enough 60, adding a little 40) and a major switch to Ringwood. Have tried 1028, 002, 1318, 028, and windsor. Not that they haven't been great, but like I said, just playing around.

I'd like to get my Wet Hot Belgian Summer finally brewed this weekend after many delays. I also see that Sam Adams is doing something similar in their Belgian Session. Cascade hops, vienna, 2 row, little wheat and some WLP575 should make for a great summer beer.

Playingwith the house bitter this weekend. Basically a minor grain switch (because I don't have enough 60, adding a little 40) and a major switch to Ringwood. Have tried 1028, 002, 1318, 028, and windsor. Not that they haven't been great, but like I said, just playing around.

Don't fear the Ringwood! I have recently started using WLP005/Ringwood in my beers and really like it. Also, I heard this brewery in Delaware, Dogfish or something, started out using Ringwood as a house yeast; hope it works out for them:)!

Well after my last two "experimental" batches didn't turn out so great I think I'll fall back on a known good recipe. My Cascade Pale Ale with homegrown Cascade hops.

Just mashed in AHS' Antwerp Pale Ale. I'm a little concerned about the yeast though. I didn't get around to brewing this up soon enough and the 'Best by' date was March 4, 2012. :/
Any thoughts on making a starter? I think I may not have enough time for one.

Already brewed the beer ( wheat beer) now just gotta drink it! But should be brewing another batch by next weekend

graymage said:
ya brewed a irish red today, trying to find a lager recipe with orange peel and ginger, got any ideas?

An Oktoberfest sounds like a great base for this to me. With lots of bready malt and a nice orange color! Mmmm

just doughed in, 8 gallons of water, 12lbs grain, 149* for 90 minutes while i do my normal morning routine
this means i'll be doughing in the small beer around 4pm... yay super long brew day!

Finally brewing my franzi clone today with a 9 month pregnant SWMBO assisting.

Thats right, my boys throwing hops at under a year, just vicariously through his mom :)

1 gallon test batch american wheat, and possibly a mead later. Also made a batch of "Fromage Blanc", my first cheese.

Did a new test-batch version of an IPA recipe that I've been tinkering with for months.

Back