Small single-serve glass bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Immocles

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Heya folks.
Anyone have suggestions for smaller bottles that uses crown caps? I generally use flip tops for mead, and occasionally beer bottles, but I'm wondering if anyone has anything in that 6-8oz range that works well? I havent had great luck finding anything that size that still uses a crown cap (I dont have a corker). Would something like this work decently? https://www.amazon.com/Clear-Glass-Quadra-Bottles-250ml/dp/B00P1KC27S/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=250ml+wine+bottles&qid=1608691040&sr=8-2&th=1

I like the idea of single servings (I takes me quite awhile to get through a bottle by myself) plus I can give out samples to friends and family.

I have used these 200 ml Fever Tree Club Soda bottles for beer before. Also maybe those small Corona bottles?
1608693457564.jpeg

Heya folks.
Anyone have suggestions for smaller bottles that uses crown caps? I generally use flip tops for mead, and occasionally beer bottles, but I'm wondering if anyone has anything in that 6-8oz range that works well? I havent had great luck finding anything that size that still uses a crown cap (I dont have a corker). Would something like this work decently? https://www.amazon.com/Clear-Glass-Quadra-Bottles-250ml/dp/B00P1KC27S/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=250ml+wine+bottles&qid=1608691040&sr=8-2&th=1

I like the idea of single servings (I takes me quite awhile to get through a bottle by myself) plus I can give out samples to friends and family.
I haven’t found a source to buy this size/type empty. Malta from Spanish markets is cheap enough, but are twist off caps which you can use with a bench capper, though long term storage may not be great. The club soda 20 pk looks promising though.

I use the small coke bottles ( both the older thicker and some of the newer thinner ones they're put out in the last 30 years for special events). As mentioned above, long as you don't leave them in direct light they work fine. I have 120-150 I'd offer for a reasonable price. PM if interested.

I never thought about the small coke bottles. I do see them floating around the stores more often, maybe Ill have to scope that tip out. Its no problem keeping them out of light, all my bottles live in a cabinet in the basement. Thanks!
I'll also look into those club soda bottles. There isn't much store variety around this area, but Aldi occasionally has some stuff that could possibly work (its where I got most of my flip tops).
A 12 oz beer bottle is one serving. I use 375 ml wine bottles with t-corks for gifting samples. OK, maybe that's 2 glasses...
Normally, I agree. But I find myself getting halfway through a glass and looking sideways at the second half, so apparently im just looking for half a glass to sip on.

Back