skittlebrau...could you *do* it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I definitely made skittlebrau in college. It makes the beer your drinking just a tad bit sweeter/ citrusy. But, a skittle will cause much the same cascading foam as a mento in diet coke. Be warned.

Not skittlebrau, but a couple of weeks ago I used a powdered orange flavored electrolyte replacement mix instead of zest in a Weizen. I’ll blame it on oxygen deprivation. The idea came to mind during a long run. About 12 miles into it, I took a sip of my energy drink and though, "I can make beer out of this!"
:eek:

I definitely made skittlebrau in college. It makes the beer your drinking just a tad bit sweeter/ citrusy. But, a skittle will cause much the same cascading foam as a mento in diet coke. Be warned.

I'd like that in a pale ale actually. My concern would be the dye. I.e., is the *flavor* of the skittle in the skittle itself or on the surface? I'd really like to wash the dye off.

Back