Sink to hose adapter lost... question about cooling wort down

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewinHog

Reaction score
I lost my sink to hose adapter in a move. I couldn't find one at my local hardware store. Does anyone know where to find one online? Does Home Depot sell them? I tried looking online but couldn't find anything.

Also, I want to say I read about some brewers trying out brewing without using a chiller. IE just letting the wort come down to below 80 degrees on its own. Too risky or worth trying? I really want to brew today, but am open to waiting if it'd ruin the beer.

Thanks in advance for the replies!

I lost my sink to hose adapter in a move. I couldn't find one at my local hardware store. Does anyone know where to find one online? Does Home Depot sell them? I tried looking online but couldn't find anything.

Also, I want to say I read about some brewers trying out brewing without using a chiller. IE just letting the wort come down to below 80 degrees on its own. Too risky or worth trying? I really want to brew today, but am open to waiting if it'd ruin the beer.

Thanks in advance for the replies!

Also, I'm brewing all grain so a partial boil and cold water won't work.

Can you clamp the hose directly to the faucet? Or use a piece of hose as a makeshift adapter. I think 1/2" ID vinyl tubing fits over most common faucet aerators.

Many but not all brew stores sell that faucet adapter you lost.

I don't have tubing big enough to attach it to the sink. I'll check out Home Depot. Surely they'll have it. Thanks!

I unscrewed the bit from the faucet, took it to Home Depot, and told them what I wanted to do. I was offered a couple of different choices, and elected to get a whole new sink bit as I liked the ease with which it and the hose adapter mated.

IMO a bucket in the sink with a pond pump is the better option. You can add ice to the bucket at the end for those last few degrees that just tap water won't get you.

Latest posts

Back