Sink to hose adapter lost... question about cooling wort down

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewinHog

Reaction score
I lost my sink to hose adapter in a move. I couldn't find one at my local hardware store. Does anyone know where to find one online? Does Home Depot sell them? I tried looking online but couldn't find anything.

Also, I want to say I read about some brewers trying out brewing without using a chiller. IE just letting the wort come down to below 80 degrees on its own. Too risky or worth trying? I really want to brew today, but am open to waiting if it'd ruin the beer.

Thanks in advance for the replies!

I lost my sink to hose adapter in a move. I couldn't find one at my local hardware store. Does anyone know where to find one online? Does Home Depot sell them? I tried looking online but couldn't find anything.

Also, I want to say I read about some brewers trying out brewing without using a chiller. IE just letting the wort come down to below 80 degrees on its own. Too risky or worth trying? I really want to brew today, but am open to waiting if it'd ruin the beer.

Thanks in advance for the replies!

Also, I'm brewing all grain so a partial boil and cold water won't work.

Can you clamp the hose directly to the faucet? Or use a piece of hose as a makeshift adapter. I think 1/2" ID vinyl tubing fits over most common faucet aerators.

Many but not all brew stores sell that faucet adapter you lost.

I don't have tubing big enough to attach it to the sink. I'll check out Home Depot. Surely they'll have it. Thanks!

I unscrewed the bit from the faucet, took it to Home Depot, and told them what I wanted to do. I was offered a couple of different choices, and elected to get a whole new sink bit as I liked the ease with which it and the hose adapter mated.

IMO a bucket in the sink with a pond pump is the better option. You can add ice to the bucket at the end for those last few degrees that just tap water won't get you.

Back