Sink and Drain board

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimmyR

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a line on a new commercial sink.

Sink plus drainboard 48" x 30", sink basin 18"x21" and 11" deep. Need to know if you think it's right for the job. I have Blichmann 20 gal pots and THINK it'd be perfect,but seek some advice.

Screenshot 2015-08-17 16.45.01.png

Screenshot 2015-08-17 16.48.06.png

Measure your pot carefully, and if it fits in the sink, it is a no brainer. I would like it better if it had a hose, but I generally love stainless. Easier to keep clean and sanitize if needed. I am pretending to not be jealous.

I am sure the pot will not fit in the sink. But I plan to buy or install a sprayer and was thinking that a pot would be easy to wash sitting on the drainboard right next to it...assuming I did not wash it with a hose out side anyway

I have a very similar sink but just a touch smaller and I love it but found I never use it for my brew pots. I clean them in place using a hose plumbed into my basement and drain in to a 5 gallon bucket then dump. I have 25 gallon electric kettles and they are not worth moving. For everything else it is awesome. It allows me to leave misc brew gear there to dry/clean so I don't leave them in the kitchen, which makes my home life generally easier.

Done deal...not a question on how happy I am. With the right faucet, it'll be perfect to clean EVERYTHING. The basin is a bit small at 17.75 X 21 inches at the bottom, but I cannot remember the last time I actually did not clean a 10, 20 or 26 gallon pot outside at a hose bib.

Thanks. It's in my garage and awaiting hook up. The plan is to plumb it into my hot/cold water lines and also add a hose bib in the garage to boot.

Cheers.

I have a very similar sink but just a touch smaller and I love it but found I never use it for my brew pots. I clean them in place using a hose plumbed into my basement and drain in to a 5 gallon bucket then dump. I have 25 gallon electric kettles and they are not worth moving. For everything else it is awesome. It allows me to leave misc brew gear there to dry/clean so I don't leave them in the kitchen, which makes my home life generally easier.

Makes sense..I had a shop sink and counter in a dedicated brew room in my old house. My garage is going to fill that need in this house (it's heated).

I am hoping to go electric soon...now that Blichmann has easy conversion kits for his kettles.

Latest posts

Back