Custom s/s work table planning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SanPancho

Reaction score
new job has me project managing commercial kitchen builds. work with kitchen equipment suppliers as well as stainless fabricators. the fabricators love that i actually know a thing or two about stainless and welding/fabbing from brewery experience. owner loves me as i get a kick out of his grumpy ass. really nice guy under the gruffness. in any case, they've told me if i ever want to do stainless at home they'll hook me up with some fab work. i wouldn't ask them for something outright, but i would definitely ask them to mod something that i source/acquire myself.

i try to keep my setup pretty minimalist. so a brewzilla, with biab bag, and immersion chiller. i've also got a big ass Stout stainless CFC i wouldnt mind using. intention would be to have the CFC rest on top of the BZ, or be suspended above it by the BIAB hoist. i think the BZ pump should be fine to add another 12-18" of head and still get good flow.

im thinking something like this work table with prep sink. maybe a nice 20 or 24" wide basin to hold kegs, chillers, etc. for cleaning. a drawer under table for smallwares. full lip around entire table to keep water from dripping onto floor. i just need to find a regular table, which should be easy at the auction. buy the sink basin for them to add, probably another auction find.

anybody have any ideas on other things to add in? like i said i try to keep things minimal in terms of equipment. but i'm guessing there's something else i'm missing. i can probably do about a 5ft long table. (the one pictured below is more like 8)

1708626034586.png

The beauty of simplicity is that there isn't much to it!

We scored some glue down SS veneer tops for free, and did my own shoddy custom fab on it.

output.jpg

I have my rig on an equipment stand instead of a work table. I like it since it sits lower it makes it more comfortable to dump grains and water in, pull the bag out, stir. It basically makes everything more comfortable being a few inches shorter than a standard work table since the kettle and mash tun are so large (mine are half barrel: 15.5 gal). The sink would be good at counter height but I'd go shorter for the section your brewzilla sits on.

I have a seven foot long dual sink with drain boards on each end. Stainless steel commercial unit with the faucet mounted on the back splash between the two bowls. I also added a second faucet to one side. This allows me to attach the plate chiller while still having water for other uses.

The extra faucet has QD'd so I can connect multiple items.

So, two faucets are handy but if you have only one, I'd get a hose adapter to connect multiple things. They have shut offs at each hose end and the hose QD's screw in.

Back