Sierra Nevada Old Chico (crystal wheat) now in cans.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BootstrapBill

Reaction score
image-2238275950.jpg

image-3890906259.jpg

Thought some of you might be interested to see these. Not sure if they are going to reach outside Chico.

I literally hate how cheap you can get beer in America. For the equivalent amount of money here we'd get 6 cans of something worse than bmc.

Beer in California is much cheaper than it is here(Tennessee). Stone bombers in downtown LA were $3.99 when I was there 2 weeks ago. We pay $7.99 here in Memphis. Sounds like a racket to me.

Its hard to justify 4$ per bottle mark-up just to cover shipping or taxes. I believe it has something to do with the local distributor increasing profit margins because locals dont know how much the beer should cost. I dont believe there is a MSRP equivalent in the American craft beer market but I wish there was.

It's ok to me that you CA people get cheap beer, because the price for everything else is rediculous. :)

I have never even heard of this beer before, but I am really glad to see more cans of good stuff! I'll be on the lookout for it.

It's Sierra Nevadas filtered wheat that was made for the drinkability. It is a nice beer for the hot ass Chico summer days. If it makes you guys feel better, the registration on my truck is $370 bucks. I'm moving to Washington and its going to be under $100.

Beer in California is much cheaper than it is here(Tennessee). Stone bombers in downtown LA were $3.99 when I was there 2 weeks ago. We pay $7.99 here in Memphis. Sounds like a racket to me.

Its hard to justify 4$ per bottle mark-up just to cover shipping or taxes. I believe it has something to do with the local distributor increasing profit margins because locals dont know how much the beer should cost. I dont believe there is a MSRP equivalent in the American craft beer market but I wish there was.

My wife made a trip down to San Diego a few weeks ago and found a Stone sampler at the Costco down there that ended up several dollars per bottle cheaper than what Stone sells it for. Some retailers apparently get a good deal. I think Stone charges more than $4 per bomber at the brewery.

They have to make beer cheap in California so we get so drunk we forget how much more we pay for everything else. The Egyptian way man!

Latest posts

Back